Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Dustland Fairyland

When I hear this song today, in my minds-eye or ear, I hear CHEERING and SCREAMING.

It's sort of like I can hear it from the stage, from the perspective of the performer and there is this outrageous cheering and screaming.

No, nothing audible. I'm listening to it from the original recording, but I keep getting this imaginative thing going and yet I don't know what it could be used for. Something of a story could be written.

I think it's the resounding drum, like a battle cry song in a way.

Mainly, women's voices. Sort of like I am at the concert.

I haven't read any of the twilight books and don't want to. The books don't interest me at ALL. It is ONE case where I like the movie but have no interest in the book. But I read, at the back, how the author dedicated or thanked some bands for their music, which she wrote from while listening to the music and got ideas from. I feel the same way. That one form of art can be inspired by, and flow from, another form.
******************************

At another point, while listening to this song, I thought about Princess Di all of a sudden and I wanted to know what the year of her birth was. It was 1961. Then I listened to this song again. It sort of gave a new twist to the hearing.

No comments: