Saturday, November 28, 2009

Record Of My Attempt To Find Work In Wenatchee

Places I’ve Applied At, For Work In Wenatchee. This is for my son and parents, more than anything. I went into all of these places in person more than once to ask for work, as a waitress, hostess, or even dishwasher and was told they weren't hiring. I'm just going through a list I have and checking with the phonebook and going down alphabetically, first starting with 'restaurants'. I'm starting with Wenatchee and not really including Leavenworth but including Cashmere where applicable. Now count how many times I went into these places, in person. A couple of times, I checked back by calling, but usually I would go in again and make an attempt to talk to someone in person. I'll start with restaurants and then make my way through all the categories for work. No one can say I haven't "tried". What have I been "doing"? A LOT of walking.

Restaurants:

Abbey’s Legendary Pizza (twice)
Applebees (three times)
Applewood Grill (twice)
Arby’s (Wenatchee side)
Barney’s Tavern (cashmere)
Bison Bagels Bakery & Café (two or three times)
Bob’s Classic Brass & Brew (three times)
Brian’s Bulldog Pizza (cashmere, once)
Buzz Inn Steakhouse (once)
Caffe Mela (twice)
Cellar Café (once)
China Buffet (once)
Clearwater (once)
The Coast (twice)
The Cottage Inn (once)
The Country Inn (once)
Cuc Tran Cafe (twice)
Dairy Queen (once)
Denny's (once or twice)
Domino's (pretty sure)
Dusty's (once)
EZ's Burger Deluxe (once)
El Abuelo (once)
Godfather's (once)
Golden East (twice)
Hart's British Fish & Chips (two or three times)
Jeeper's (once or twice)
Joe's Log Cabin (once)
KatzenJammers (once)
La Fuente (once)
Lemolo (three times)
Leonardo's (once I believe)
McGlinn's (two or three times)
Mission Street Bistro (once)
Mongolian BBQ (once or twice)
Prospector Pies(three times)
Quizno's (once)
Red Lion (once)
Red Robin (twice)

hahaha (oh, sorry, it's not a restaurant, I just had to laugh at this point before I continue to list. Someday, it will truly be hilarious, but right now, I can spare an honest laugh.)

Royal Palace Chinese & American Restaurant (once)
Royal Fork Buffet (once)
Sassy's Diner (twice)
Shaktis (twice)
Shari's (once)
Sharx (twice...well, the second time they might have hired me but they were looking then for a DJ for "guppie racing" where I would be the host for people who are prodding little guppies (fish) down tracks like horse racing. I had to pass. I felt sorry for the fish. It was like animal cruelty to me...gulp. I think fish have FEELINGS! Yes, I eat fish, but I don't want people poking them. Besides, it was only PT work and what was I going to say? "And now folks! We've got Sarge coming out of gate number NINE! With Heathrow in a close second..." I asked if I could drink on the job and they said yes but I thought, "No, not even drunk. I can't do it". How would it improve my resume? "Guppy Race DJ". Sure, sure.)
Skipper's (once or twice)
Smitty's Pancake House (once)
Smokeblossom (once)
Taco Loco (once)
Taco Del Mar (once)
Tastebuds (once or twice)
Tequila's (twice)
The Thai Restaurant (twice)
Trav's (once)
The Wild Huckleberry (twice)
The Windmill (once)

Hhahahaa. Sorry, can't help but see the hilarity again.

Ummm, okay, who else!

Well, that's it, for now, for restaurants. And I checked with my last place of employment, on the East Coast and he told me not ONE person had even called about my references. He said, out of all these applications I turned in, not just for restaurant work, NO ONE botherred to even call. So all my apps were just round-filed immediately with no one even looking into my background.

So I'll add to that list, but I should move to office work now. Hmm, actually I'll have to go back to my email sent box and pull up business and things that I sent a resume out to.

So anyway, I have been literally pounding the pavement (next time, with my fist!)

Businesses:

Mother's Bingo (I actually wanted this job. I thought it would be hilarious. To call out bingo numbers to all the little old ladies. The guy who was giving me a referral looked at me sharply. "Um, you probably don't want to joke around. They take it VERY seriously." Next time I walked by cautiously, peering in through the windows. He was right. I was thinking they might like someone to liven it up a bit, but NO, I think they'd string me out on a laundry line or stab me with their knitting needles.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that you've been to the Royal Fork. They've been closed for over a year. Tequila's, as far as I know, only hires those who are fluent in Spanish (speaking and writing).

Mama said...

Of course I've been to the Royal Fork, in the past. In this post, I doubled the Royal Fork with the other "Royal Chinese" place because I couldn't remember for sure which one it was that I applied at and had to go back and check to be sure. This post, if you paid attention, is a work in progress where I am even going to go back on foot to find other places I applied at where I don't remember the name but do remember location.

Tequila's, I applied at, and I DO speak Spanish and they were interested in one point, at hiring me. But they didn't.

I am not sure what brilliant point you're trying to make in this comment...That I've not been blacklisted in the town when I can get amazing offers for work in D.C., writing the same kind of posts online, abut psychic stuff or WHATEVER, but can't even get hired at a pizza joint or Arby's in Wenatchee?

It confirms that I've tried to get work and been shut out. I haven't even FINISHED my list. It's at least 3 times larger than it is now.

Meanwhile, last night I had someone try to tell me NOT to accept work if it's offered because it will "screw things up" for me legally. I don't agree, and I'll have to hear more about why this person thinks this.

There is nothing mentally wrong with me. I am creative, I'm sometimes very intuitive, and I've been in extraordinary circumstances and then lied about, and that doesn't make me mentally ill. It makes some people jealous, of my creativity and gifts, and others just pissed unless they can find a way to discredit me.

MY point, is to go through and show my family and son EXACTLY what my efforts have been, because then people know I'm not sitting around the house, "disabled" or unable to even try to "look for work". I have been looking for work, and I've not been lazy, or disabled to work either.

The fact is, I was told I was blacklisted, and the evidence shows, I am blacklisted.

I haven't even gone into the details about how people here have tried to keep me out of housing.

That post will be next.