Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Living Arrangement

It turns out my new living arrangement (until I find "a room of one's own") will be with a friend of a friend who has this enormous record collection. I plan to be out and about most of the time, but I am really looking forward to the music.

I was wrong about Beatle's in German too! I had been listening, the other night, to The Beach Boys in German!

I really cannot listen to the Romeo and Juliet song by Dire Straits in public, I am realizing. I have no idea why, but it has really been getting to me. I had to control tears again. And it's this version, when I actually prefer the Indigo Girls version. I think it must be the arrangement. Sometimes, for no reason at all, music will hit in a particular way, if you've been set up with a "mood" to begin with.

I love this line, from this video of the movie R&J set to Dire Straits: "My only love's sprung from my only hate."

That's not what moves me, but isn't it a great line!

No comments: