Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Romeo & Juliet By Dire Straights

Lately, whenever I hear Romeo and Juliet by Indigo Girls or Dire Straights, I get tears in my eyes.

Well, just the last two days. I don't know why. It's not a song that fits my circumstances at all. There isn't anyone I am projecting this onto, but yesterday, I heard it by the Indigo Girls, and then by Dire Straights, along with the video from Romeo and Juliet (the one with Clare Danes, from 1996) and tears ran down my cheeks.

I was sitting at a table, and I just started crying, but they were silent tears and I was facing away from the public so I was able to brush them away as if I was just rubbing my eyes from fatigue.

I was thinking about my son, too. I miss him and love him.

I haven't had tears in so long...It's been a very, very, long time. I don't know why this made me cry. It was afternoon, right before work, around 2:30 p.m.

I brushed away the tears and went to work.

No comments: