Monday, January 12, 2009

Copy of Complaint to Joint Commission re. PGH

RE: Serious Concerns About Prince George Hospital‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Mon 1/12/09 11:35 AM
To: complaint@jointcommission.org
Hello,

Please contact me right away. My fetus is decaying with the delay by PGH and they know I want independent pathology done. The name and address of the hospital is:

Prince George's Hospital
3001 Hospital Dr.
Cheverly, MD 20785
301-618-2000

Thank you so much,

Cameo Garrett

Subject: RE: Serious Concerns About Prince George Hospital
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:53:43 -0600
From: Complaint@jointcommission.org
To: cameocares@live.com

Dear Mr. Garrett:



I am writing in response to the issues you communicated to The Joint Commission regarding an organization.



Since you did not indicate the address of this organization, we are unable to locate it in our files so we can determine whether or not it is currently accredited by the Joint Commission; therefore, we are unable to take further action regarding your concern.



If you can provide the full name, street address, city and state by which this organization does business, we will review our files again. However, if the Joint Commission does not accredit the organization we will be unable to pursue your concern further.



The Joint Commission does not address individual billing issues, payment/financial disputes, nor do we perform individual case review. Also, we do not have jurisdiction in labor relations issues or the individual clinical management of a patient. We are unable to evaluate issues greater than three years old. The Joint Commission does not review complaints of any kind in unaccredited organizations. The Joint Commission also does not accredit individual physicians.



If we cannot review your concerns you may wish to consider contacting the State Health Department as this organization is in a position to investigate your issues.



The Joint Commission stands ready to receive and review issues of concern about accredited organization at any time and will act in accordance with all the information that is provided to us.



Sincerely,

Office of Quality Monitoring

The Joint Commission

One Renaissance Boulevard

Oakbrook Terrace IL 60181

Phone: 630-792-5642

Fax: 630-792-5636

website: www.jointcommission.org



The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 10:01 PM
To: OQM
Subject: Serious Concerns About Prince George Hospital



To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to address very serious concerns regarding Prince George Hospital. I was seen in ER and then admitted, on two separate occasions and witnessed some things which I believe put the public at risk. I did not feel safe at PGH and could not recommend this facility to anyone.

I am also writing to request your help with the cooperation of PGH in honoring the form I signed at their facility, requesting the fetus which I miscarried and viewed, to be sent to the funeral home of my specification, which I signed a release for. It has been 7 days and PGH has not honored my request, even though I signed a form before leaving, instructing them that they were NOT to do a pathology and were to keep my baby preserved for a transfer to another funeral home. I wrote the name and phone number of this funeral home down on the form, and I signed the form.

Two days ago, the funeral director called me to tell me PGH was refusing to transfer the fetus to him, claiming I had to sign and authorize this. I had and have already authorized this. PGH knew and was well aware I wanted to keep the fetus preserved because I was having an INDEPENDENT pathology done on it. PGH stalled and tried to refuse me a form but I insisted and signed it before leaving and kept a copy for my own records.

The longer PGH stalls, the more difficult they know it will be for a pathology to be done. I am asking for your help in this matter. The fetus is to be transfered to (OMITTED for PUBLIC COPY).

The other matters of concern are of fair significance. On the only two occasions I was there, I witnessed THREE equipment malfunctions, which were of a serious nature, at least two of them were. I was also mistreated deliberately, and harassed and refused pain relief when they realized I was contacting an attorney about what had happened. They tried to discharge me right after a blood transfusion, when my bp was 74/34. Then they accused me of "trespassing" when I refused to leave when I was lightheaded at 74/34 bp. I was yelled at, and refused a phone book and I discovered they lied to me and told me my roommate had not called for me when he had and it was the only way I could contact him because I didn't have his number with me.

Please contact me as soon as possible, for further details about this matter. I would like to give more information about which equipment malfunctioned and at what cost to my unborn baby's life.

Cameo Garrett

No comments: