Thursday, January 29, 2009

Father forgive me, por este SIM

Este novio medicime, "donde esta mi tarjeta SIM?" He asked me, then, in English, where the SIM card was for his phone.

I didn't know what he was saying at first. I looked at him blankly. He's holding his phone and pointing to a part that I guess, is missing or something, and looking at me and I said,

"Que? que esta "SIM"? Then I said, "No se". I added, "OH! tu mean sin? tu pense yo necessito voy a la iglesia porque tengo sin?" I pronounced it "seeeeen?" Because he was saying with an accent, "Seeeeem".

El mirame and looked at me and said, no, and then laughed and said yes, it was necessary I go to church, because yes, I have sinned.

He explained what SIM is and then I said, "OH! yo no soy bueno a lo technologia. No se. Yo sabes nada de technologia. Hmmm. No se. Porque? esta necessario?"

Anyway, it was sort of funny, because of the misunderstanding from pronunciation. When I asked if he thought I had sinned, because he asked me "did you take my SIM?" and then he rephrased to, "Do you have the SIM?" That's when I said, "You think I have SIN?!!" he said, "Si!" and I picked up this little brochure of saint prayers and said, "tu pense yo necessites este?" and he said, "Si! y la iglesia!" and pointed to this statue of a saint which is from or represents Colombia.

Of course I didn't have it. What would I do with one? If I could use it for something of course, but no, I don't think you can even take a SIM thing out. You have to go to the radioshack and they give you a new phone, right? At least that's what I've had to do with my own phone.

So then I opened the curtain to let the light in and he was dressing behind me (I wasn't watching). He said what are you doing, people will see. I said, "maybe personas QUIERES mira a ti." He said no, and I said, "Si! Orrita a la ventana. Baile! Baile! Baile a la ventana." and he started laughing. Then he said maybe neighbors would complain, knocking at the door and I said, "Maybe yo soy tu pimpo. Yo hablan the neighbors, 'tu quieres mi animales sexo?" and he cracked up.




Anyway, it was funny.

No comments: