Monday, January 12, 2009

Copy of 5th Request to WSB for Case File

Here is a copy of my 5th Request to the Washington State Bar, for assistance in obtaining my case file:


Disciplinary Action--Urgent--Need Case File‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Mon 1/12/09 12:11 PM
To: questions@wsba.org; Jeanne Wellbaum (jwellb@nwi.net); jkoch@co.douglas.wa.us; mom dad (dicksiedael@aol.com); hollybeanpole@aol.com
Hello,

I've written a formal complaint to your offices, regarding negligent and less than zealous representation by Paul Cassel and Jeanne Wellbaum.

I am a mother who was retaliated against with complaints by doctors I was trying to sue, who turned around to report me to CPS to have my son taken from me. This is a small town and nothing I've done is of any effect.

My public defenders which were appointed did NOT provide "reasonable counsel" as required by law, and they also did unethical things which included failure to mention conflicts of interest, blatant withholding of evidence from the record (which I gave to my counsel, from a doctor, which was crucial to my case) and refusal to examine possible defenses and copy me with notice as to any motions made.

I am about to lose my son through the permanent termination of my parental rights when I have REPEATEDLY requested a copy of my case file to be mailed to me. This has not been done. Cassel's office tells me the file is with Jeanne Wellbaum and she has not responded to my multiple requests. I cannot appeal or file for injunction without the documents from my case file.

I was forced, last minute, and without sufficient notice, to go "pro se" without discovery from the state regarding my case AND without a copy of my case file, which I have a right to.

I am about to lose on statute of limitations because these lawyers, and I guess, Wellbaum specifically, refuses to mail me a copy of my case file.

I would like to receive confirmation my complaint has been received by your offices as well, and would like to know which Disciplinary member of counsel is reviewing it or received it.

I have left at least 4 messages now, with the WSB voicemail, with detailed requests for a return call and about my case file. No one has returned any of those calls. I have last left a message at 2:30 EST, with the same information and way to best reach me (phone and email) and I am now sending this email to you as well.

Will you please see to it that this reaches someone who is responsible for ensuring quality and that ethics guidelines are followed? I have had this problem, of a lawyer refusing to give me a copy of my case file, once before, and the Bar had to intervene and demand it from him, knowing that his refusal to honor my civil rights could cause further damages to my case and be grounds for a lawsuit and monetary compensation from the Professional Liability Fund.

I need my case file and I've been asking for it for several months. It is now past Contested Sheltercare, which I was denied time to prepare for and hung up and refused to give my own defense, and past Fact Finding, where I was forced to be "pro se" when I told the Judge I still did not have the discovery promised to me by the state OR a copy of my case file. I was railroaded as a result, with nothing to prepare myself with, and in the hearing, I WAS able to confirm that of the discovery they HAD obtained, they had deliberately withheld medical records which were crucial to my defense. Opinions abounded and not one piece of hard evidence was in the record...all of the hard evidence was purposefully omitted from the case.

I ask you, as their claim has been that I'm "mentally ill"--how does it become such a threat, since when does a woman who is allegedly "mentally ill" such a threat that her basic rights are ignored, and evidence withheld from her? And since when do the top lawyers and General Counsel for CPS involve themselves if the woman is "so mentally ill"? If they have a solid case, they don't need to step backwards over themselves to keep evidence from me, but the truth is that they know their house is build on sand, and if and when I get my hands on the documents and records I've been requesting, in a timely manner, this house will fall.

I have a right to these records, and they have stalled to keep me from having a defense, and are pushing through with the anticipation of terminating my parental rights. I am no longer interested in their claims that I should submit to their "services". They illegally took my son and know it, and I have a right to ask for injunction and prove this case was "won" illegally, by forcing me out of the process and illegally withholding evidence. I have a right to appeal this, and I must have my case file in order to do this and I have nothing.

If I could not appeal, I would and intend to file a civil rights action, before they terminate my rights, and this is my lawful right, and for the WSB to stand by and allow time to pass, knowing my statute of limitations will be up, and the clock is ticking, will not be good for anyone, including the WSB. I have been my requests as clear as possible.

Thank you for your time and I ask for a quick reply,

Cameo Garrett, on behalf of herself and her son Oliver Garrett,
currently held illegally in the custody of Washington State, in violation of U.S. Constitutional law and State law.

My phone number is 360-201-4779 and
email is here: cameocares@live.com. Email is the best way to reach me. Thanks.

No comments: