Friday, January 30, 2009

Good Guys

At the billiards place, there was a lot of different latino music. But then there were 2 Bryan Adams songs and an Elton John song which almost had me in tears "Sacrifice". I don't know why it hit me, but it did, and I have no idea why.

Funny how comedy is always enhanced by sorrow first. Right after, this guy tells me he's not hungry because he went to "Good Guys". I said, "Que?" and he started laughing and said he meant "Five Guys". I thought he meant the tire shop, but he thought I was thinking about some strip club around town called "Good Guys". So I was laughing, but he thought I was picturing him at a strip club and actually, I was wondering how he managed to find dinner at the mechanics/tire shop. Popcorn? I pictured him standing by the popcorn machine with a paper cup, downing cup after cup.

No comments: