Saturday, January 10, 2009

my dream last night

I'm going to go back and work on the Dabney post and the one about ER in just a little bit. This 80s station is really, really, good. I am a sucker for 80s, good 80s that is. Oh, and my roommate got ahold of Lady Gaga and was playing her dance song over and over and over and over.

You have no idea how many times. I finally told him, you know, she's got a couple of other really good songs too. He just wasn't done with that one song. he listened to it about 100 times. i thought of it because i read gaga likes 80s or uses them as an influence. i fell asleep to it.

oh, and last night I had a horrible nightmare. no more cake and cookie dreams, i had a terrible dream that I was a FAIRY. like, an ethereal fairy. but in the dream i was supposed to wear this fashion designer number and this one guy who liked me who was destined for me (fairy or not i don't know) got to me and we liked eachother and then this other guy was mad because he was possessive and i was "his" or something after i'd been with this other guy out in a heated pool in the middle of the night (in the dream swimming was very significant and a kind of prelude to intimacy), and he tried to soil me before the show and then i lost all my fairy belongings and gown was ruined so no one knew i was a fairy anymore, or a fairy princess or something, and so i had to look for work, stripped of my fairyness, and rights, and the woman said to me everyone was looking for work i wasn't the only one and that if i wanted to be a waitress i could waitress in the drive through at the underground parking lot. so then i go over and it's co2 and smog everywhere and cars parked all crazy and i was imagining working at this tiny little stand, and wondering what to do, and i woke up.

i was a freaking fairy. i'm not into "fairy" things. i don't read fairy books. maybe it's because i read this funny comment about a woman with sectoral heterochromia talking about how someone asked her if she was a fairy, literally. like it was a sign of being a real live fairy.

i was just thinking, this is interesting, realizing, diana was accused by detractors of being both, or alternately, a "liar" and mentally ill. sort of like me, like people wanted her one way or the other so others wouldn't believe her. hmmm.

i am listening to the 80s station on lastfm again. it is SOOOooo good. really good round of songs. and I think i really like the pet shop boys. just heard west end girls and i just think i like them more than i ever noticed. also heard china girl which made me think of someone and someplace and lots of songs i like. just had to write this, so anyone who likes 80s can find out about this station...this is such a distracting song. i love it and it gets to me but i can't write to it...i stop and can't focus on what i want to say...chris isaaks wicked game. this one following is cool too, i like it, it's post punk so i'm not surprised. adam and the ants "prince charming"...i like it,it's awkward and charming and sort of fun, but anthem-ish too. i'm getting distracted from my er post with this music. bc now it's cyndi lauper "girls just wanna have fun", one of my favorites. how the hell am i supposed to concentrate to "jeanny" by falco? like i can concentrate with his voice speaking in some sexy german language and i have to know what he's saying. damn those foreign languages. austrian i guess. damn good looking too. at least in this one photo. have to go back to the er post but need to find the translation to the austrian stuff. heard this really cool song but computer crashed while i was writing about it. called "the promise you made" by cock robin, not just another love song--that one is a soulmate song, sort of wedding song i think, not for walking down the aisle, but...well, no, not wedding song, a song for true lovers, married or not, wedding or not. this computer just shut down again. i'm going to try to finish more on the er post and then my roommate needs to use this and i'll write more tomorrow.

No comments: