Monday, April 6, 2009

Employment Considerations

I started thinking about the Dept. of State stuff and realized it's pretty dumb, actually, to think anyone would or will hire me, with this blog up, where I'm writing about everyone.

I mean, maybe if it's strictly in an artistic capacity, but it seems I have very limited opportunities in the U.S., really, because almost all employers google their prospective employees.

I choose the liberty of writing freely, and it is a choice, not a compulsion. I would not want to quit doing what I do, for the sake of working for an organization or company, just so some people feel more comfortable working with me.

So, I am thinking again. I may try to apply for some kind of grant opportunity, but it is highly unlikely I would get a really good job with any company, with my name out there. I mean, I don't think, unless it's...? I don't know.

I'm not going to quit writing. But I am definitely considering what my options may or may not be and how this blog could preclude me from employment options. I sort of think, though, maybe if I sign a contract for confidentiality and with a promise not to write about people, maybe they'd hire me?

No comments: