Saturday, April 4, 2009

music today & images

I don't think I've much to write about music today except I noticed, for the first time, in Lady Gaga's "Pokerface", the cymbals throughout the background. It's the foundation for everything else so i didn't even notice it but it's really cool. I just realized it runs through the song in the background. Which is cool because it makes me think of water and I think, in her video for this song, she has the video near a pool too, so it's kind of cool.

HHhahaaaaaaaa. Just heard the best song: "Wait a minute", but I didn't catch who does it. It's a pop duet with a man and woman. I like "Jump" by GirlsAloud...it's a pretty good remake actually. Not bad. Or maybe the song itself is just so good you can't really screw it up no matter what you do with it. "Piece of Me" by Britney Spears is actually sort of sexy, if you ask me. I mean, not a big Britney music fan (but fan of the woman and her trials) but this is a good beginning for the song too. I really like "Wow" by Kylie Minogue too! Really fun song that makes me want to dance. wow wow wow wow...
*********************************************************

flooding today.
something burst and there is water everywhere
creamy white concrete for a wall that won't be built
in a day, rome takes time

heavy palm trees bend their courtsey
sticking tree to the scene
wider green leaves to the knee
look like a common house plant

huge pot is being moved away
trailing debris

leaves in the shape of an arrowhead
or a heart, fanning and bouncing from the stem
nodding consent
************************************************

lionhead throw pillow
for a child
like the baby einstein lion from the books
knitted or cross-stitch on the top
orange and yellow and brown and black and white
the lion has a smile on his face
it's a round pillow
with a lot of thought put into it

a duck, a donkey, a sheep, and all the animals
standing in line to pay respects to the
king of the jungle, at the head of the bed
***********************************************

calendulas

No comments: