Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Mother Takes My Cedar Hope Chest

I discovered, when going back to Wenatchee and looking into my storage, that I was missing some things.

1. My medical records are gone. I had boxes of medical records and none of them are there anymore. I looked through everything. I had both medical records for myself and for my son.

2. My cedar chest, "hope chest", which I was given as a birthday present when I was 16 years old, is gone.

My grandfather told me my mother had come over and taken the cedar chest (I just call it a hope chest). It is solid cedar and is a long trunk for keeping things. I had papers and other sentimental things inside.

My mother left a lot of other furniture which was nice, and left other papers, but she TOOK my hope chest, without telling me or asking me first. Someone in the family said others were thinking of throwing out all my other stuff so she came and got it, but she wasn't taking things she thought I would want to keep. She never asked me what things I wanted to keep safe. She just went in there and TOOK what SHE wanted.

That hope chest had been HERS and belonged to her, before it was given to ME, on my 16th birthday. It was my entire gift, that hope chest. And then my mother goes in, and takes it back, because she likes it. She didn't ask me if I wanted to keep anything else safe. She just took what she wanted, like I don't even exist anymore.

Not only that, she has other things that belong to me, which she has tried to make a permanent claim on. She has two very large and heavy Italian terracotta planting pots which are knee high. I asked if she'd just hold onto them for a little while and then she decided to use them on her front porch and filled them to the brim with plants and made them a permanent fixture to her house. She also has an antique porcelain doll Granny gave me, which I told her she could borrow to look at, when I was little, because my mother had been jealous and upset it was given to me and not her. So I told her she could use it for decoration until I asked for it back.

Finally, I found out my mother has been lying, as usual, about how she and my father supposedly helped me with a private attorney for the case with my son. My mother backs out, with my father, on all promises, but she was telling others she helped with things. My aunt Locklyn said, "Didn't your parents pay about $5,000 for a lawyer for you and then you fired him?" I said, "No. They paid for less than $1,000and HE then told me to go pro se at the last minute and even Kyle Flick thought it was weird and not a good idea so I "fired" him and then my parents tried to make an excuse out of this claiming that was the one I wanted and I lost my chance." I could tell from the look on Locklyn's face, that she had received other information. It was clear she'd been told my parents had paid something like at least $5,000. But they didn't. My mother is always trying to make herself sound better than she is.

No comments: