Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rorschach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ink_blot

Here is something I just now read about the Rorschach test. I personally believe this test is very pseduo-sci. It's like looking at the clouds and finding dragons or steamboats. I mean, if someone is REALLY mentally ill, maybe you get weird responses.

But, for example, the first ink blot, which is pictured in this article, says it is commonly seen as a "bat" and lists a few other things. I look at it and I see a female pelvis on an MRI or X-ray.

I swear to God, all my responses are going to be shaded by what I know in the medical fields.

I looked up the skeleton response once and found this is also a very common view, that it's a pelvis, and is most commonly seen by people in medical fields. For me, a lot of the Rorshachs look like X-rays. I just asked Exxon what he saw in this first one and he said, "a butterfly?"

No comments: