Friday, April 24, 2009

My Son's Halo

Today the song "Halo" by Beyonce came on during our visit. My son was singing, "Halo, halo, halo" and I asked him if he knew what a halo was. I explained it was like a crown but it was imaginary or was invisible and you got it for being good. Basically, a crown for being good.

I have to go back and write about the other visits, but today he was counting up to ten accurately on his own, counting objects, and then with help, to 20. He knows most of the letters of the alphabet, out of order. He was showing off his sommersaults and dancing to the rhythm today.

When we left, I was outside and he saw me and he wanted to go back to me. He tried to walk back to me, from across the parking lot. He started to call for "mama" but Pablo put his finger to his mouth in a "shhh". Not mean or anything, not at all, but trying to leave. Exxon saw this and commented on how it was clear my son wanted to go to me when he was told he had to leave. Leeza was outside and was also a witness to this although I don't know whether she'd admit it or not (she works for the state).

My son wants to be with me. He and I know what our bond is and no one could take it away even though they tried, and I mean those who work for the state and some others.

No comments: