Friday, April 24, 2009

images

from the cherry blossom tree
silken cobwebs spring
stringing instruments on a laundry line
just a thread this fine
charms ringing as they sing
petals floating past the wire
past invisibility
past translucent dreams
everything omniscent
i don't own this thing
i don't even write about the one you think
i write about
five different men thinking
they are the one i am writing about
shout out, this one is for you
initialing
my true love is over the sea
over the sea so blue and green
over the foam frothing from the mouth of
the sea dragon
my true love is under the soil
sleeping beauty
my true love is above the moon
capturing my nursery rhymes and holding them to his chest
my true love is sinking in sand
holding out a white flag
my true love is a red red rose
that fades away but in my memory
my true love is a mystery
i think he lives where the hills are always green
he might have a lucky clover for me
covering himself in a white sheet
this ghost
jumping from the roof
some kind of white cape swirling
eating chocolate covered raisins
strapping a parachute to his back when he steps out
backwards, not looking back, walking back
looking forward into the past as he walks away from the past
staring it down
***********************

the thing, the nasty thing in the woodshed
dear lord, has reared an ugly head
wearing a racoon mask
holding a baton with a tall abraham lincoln hat on
do you have to ask?
i ask, do you have to ask?
**********

these "images" are crap, but i don't really care. i'm just writing for the hell of it. i have other things to finish and right now i'm going to put up some photos of my son.

No comments: