Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Impossible to Get Work or an Attorney in Wenatchee

Coming back here is a total trap.

The only thing I'm here for is my son, but because my PD didn't argue successfully for change of venue, I'm stuck here.

I had no problem finding a job in D.C. area when I was on my feet and healthy enough (no medical issues) to work. HERE, it's all who you know, and if you haven't known them since grade school, you're out of luck.

Not only that, not one lawyer in the town wants the Personal Injury claim for my son, even though it's a solid claim.

I went to Judge Hotchkiss, to the actual courthouse, and asked him, through a clerk, for a PD before next hearing and he refused, saying I had to WAIT until the next hearing, to have a lawyer.

Why should I have to WAIT when I need a lawyer NOW, to represent me PRIOR to the next hearing.

I cannot be expected to fly over here, on the heel end of serious medical problems, and find work AND be my own attorney at the same time.

I don't know anyone in my position who would be able to pull it together better than me, but it's not even realistic.

No comments: