Monday, December 14, 2009

State Refuses To Provide "Services"

Additonally, the AG and state have refused to provide the services that they told the Judge were required for me to get my son back.

At the last hearing, they said it was required for me to have a head exam. So they were supposed to immediately set this up. They have not.

I had to call a clinic myself and get myself scheduled in and only after I contacted the medical director by email did my lawyer then announce, 2 weeks after the hearing, that the state finally contacted him and they were "thinking about" scheduling me for a head exam in Seattle. Not only that, he told me they were trying to slip in a psych exam as well as the head exam when that's not what was ordered at court.

I asked why the delay. This was when my lawyer told me they wanted to know if I wanted to add an "orthodontist" to the "panel of experts". Because, as we all know, mental illness is diagnosed by a thorough examination of the teeth.

After my lawyer told me they were stalling on services, and I told my attorney that yes, I agreed to services, but not to going out of town when they knew it could be done in Wenatchee. I called the Wenatchee Valley Clinic myself and they told me they could do it and they even have a PET diagnostic, so they have all the equipment necessary to do a thorough exam. So I asked if I could even have the evaluation expedited and the director said he'd try. I scheduled myself for a head exam with the doctor who could see me the soonest and then forwarded this email to my lawyer and asked him to please have the state submit their materials to the neurologist so this could get done.

To my knowledge, they'd done absolutely nothing.

I agreed, without reservation, to having the head exam done and I attempted to comply with the services but the state people, once again, purposefully stalled and delayed and I've had zero feedback.

No comments: