Thursday, December 25, 2008

Expressed Concerns About Psych to CPS (March 27, 2008)

Do you think I'd reveal to CPS that I knew what the REAL conflict of interest was? NO way. I wanted to see how they'd react first. I was on the game baby:

Treatment By 11th St. Clinic in Bellingham‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Thu 3/27/08 2:52 PM
To: scnl300@dshs.wa.gov (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov); tomasc@atg.wa.gov (tomasc@atg.wa.gov)
Bcc: dicksiedael@aol.com



There is a conflict with the provider you assigned me to for mental health evaluation.

I called the clinic Ellen works out of, and asked some basic preliminary questions, such as: "Are you taking new patients?" and "Which psychologists and psychiatrists are available?" and 2 different receptionists were evasive, put me on hold for almost 20 minutes on one occasion, and refused to give me any answers. They also transfered me to voicemail without answering my questions. Because they kept transfering me to VM without notice, I called back. I called a total of 2 times before going outside of their clinic and asking around Bellingham about this office.

No other mental health organization in Bellingham had even HEARD of them, or their doctors (which I ended up looking up online myself), and someone from Seamar in Seattle called on my behalf to see how she would be treated by them. She had no problems. They answered all her questions, including telling her they could schedule patients to see Ellen within 2 weeks, and Cohen within 4 weeks. They gave her names without hesitation.

I called again after finding this out, and they were rude to me again, and when I asked who Ellen referred her patients to if she needed a psychiatric evaluation, they sent me straight to VM without telling me. I called back and they told me "You've called 4 times, and WE have caller ID." I think these women thought they were informing me I could not deny calling them, and instead, they ended up sharing with me that they knew who they were speaking with all along, and that their rude treatment of me was intentional. They had treated me with disrespect and in an evasive manner, when they had no problem answering others' calls and giving normal information.

I also found out most of the providers at this clinic are covered under the Peacehealth plan, which is a Catholic medical plan. I will not be evaluated with anyone who is any part of the Catholic system, who receives funds from, or provides services for. I also believe a family member knows one of the psychiatrists there and had very bad things to say about him. This is one thing I was checking on.

It's common knowledge that a business is known by the front desk reception. I worked in front desk reception, and you are the first contact to the public. You also know, typically, exactly what is going on and what your employer's feelings are regarding someone who is calling in.

I take the unprofessionalism of this clinic as a bad sign. Clearly, you, the AG, or someone from CPS or DSHS made first contact with them and already attempted to prejudice my care. As THEY said, they knew who was calling in--

"...We have caller ID".

If a mental health service has problems with basic disclosure, there is a problem. There is no cause or excuse for it.

Next!

If you cannot find someone else, you need to let me know what other opportunities there are for having an evaluation. I know, in the past, DSHS and CPS were telling me that they would pay for me to be evaluated by the provider of my choice. Pamela said that, and I documented it. So if this is still the case, this may open up choices and my ability to be seen earlier, before the next hearing. Let me know.

Cameo

No comments: