Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Spots On Leg After Blood Transfusion

For the record, after I had the blood transfusions at Prince George's Hospital, I developed about 6 spots on only my left leg. They were little burst blood vessel spots and slightly raised.

First they were red and raised like bug bites, and were firm to the touch, about a dime in diameter, and raised, and noted by the nurses at PGH. They knew they were not there before the blood transfusion.

All of the spots were on my left leg, from mid-thigh to my knee, front and back.

By the time I went to George Washington Hospital, and showed them the spots, they were no longer raised but there was one more, and if you looked closely, you could see the blood vessels behind the spots. They are like little burst blood vessel spots. The doctor at George Washington Hospital looked concerned and asked me if they itched. They do not.

Most of them are close to my knee on the left leg, in the front, well, between the knee and lower thigh, and on the side.

No comments: