Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oh Baby, Baby: Another Baby (twin?) On the Way!

So, another twist to my little life story. I went to ER and they did have to intevene and pull out "remaining" parts of placenta and stuff. But everyone was puzzled by some of these other things...

Turns out...I was maybe not pregnant with just ONE, but TWO babies. The first one was caught, in a normal position. But the other one, they now think, is an example of a very, very, rare, unheard of (practically) situation where one egg left the ovary and implanted normally, and the other one stayed, and growed in...the other ovary.

I've got a pregnant ovary. So everything is cleaned out but they're saying it looks like a dual ectopic pregnancy.

They pretty much want me to get rid of it. But you know ME! I have to do research about everything, and I've got to know more.

After they told me this and I wasn't crying or disappointed, they then said it was dangerous, and I'm still wide-eyed and nodding with a smile and then they say it's "just a cyst" and yet they want me to take all these meds to get rid of it.

I figure, if that little being is normal, and alive and fighting to live, in a very strange environment, THAT one is a SURVIVOR. To hell with my ruptured ovary, I almost want to give the kid a fucking chance.

The other one already got kicked off the island, by a mean MRI machine, and this one concealed itself in the depths, to live?

KUDOS to the Survivor. I like that kind of spirit (I say, as I'm dying from ruptured ovary--"Go! Kid, GO!").

So I'm going online to research stuff about ectopic pregnancies, because I HAVE heard of cases where they go on and continue.

The doctor thinks it partially explains why I had such bad back pain. Hum! Anyway, I will research the odds of giving this little goober a chance.

MY little baby dabney GOOBER.

Once again, I am a scientific mystery too marvelous for words.

No comments: