Thursday, December 25, 2008

CPS Agenda with Wenatchee Speech Therapists (April 3, 200)

These women are paid to work on behalf of the state and were solicited by the state, and prejudiced in their treatment of my son, through what Wenatchee CPS said to them. And I am proved right, because in the end, CPS used their "speech therapists" to claim my son was damaged by ME, and that his speech problems were MY FAULT. It is further proof the state, employees in Wenatchee, worked to conceal damages that could have been caused by Wenatchee medical professionals, and tried to blame me instead, and refused to do appropriate diagnostics to rule out an injury or other organic problem :

RE: From Oliver Garrett's Mother‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Thu 4/03/08 7:39 PM
To: Leah Harris (leahh@ncesd.org)
Cc: scnl300@dshs.wa.gov (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov); tomasc@atg.wa.gov (tomasc@atg.wa.gov)

Leah,

I do not want anyone from your organization involved with my son further. You've had 3 meetings with my son, and have evaluated him with delayed communication, giving him tests and point scores (30 out of 50) and a number of other things.

Are you telling me someone from your organization even TRIED to contact me? I am quite certain that if you or anyone else had said they would like to speak with me, regarding my son, you could have done so and either Marie or my aunt would have provided you with my contact information.

My aunt's recollections of your visits differ from what you and Marie are now telling me has been going on, without my approval, consent, knowledge, or consultation.

You have been involved in my son's life for over 1 1/2 months and you're saying you asked for my contact information and didn't receive it?

You claim your staff will treat both me and my son "with respect" and yet you HAVE already tested him for a number of things, giving him "scores" and recommending your "treatment plan", which suddenly seems to have changed.

My aunt says this next visit was going to be further "evaluations" and that your staff was going to begin "working with him" about his speech.

NOW, after my aunt has been told you're both speech therapists, and Marie said the same, you're telling me you're just "family resource coordinators" who have barged into my family's life and started "assessing" my son for "delays" which, no doubt, the AG and CPS have only hoped could be used for ammunition against ME, by claiming any "delays" are caused by negligence.

CPS and the AG purposefully kept this information from me, and have refused to give notice and copies of records. They have also refused to allow my son to be evaluated by MRI for any brain injury or birth trauma, which cannot be excluded in any kind of cognitive or other evalution.

You could have contacted me and didn't. You made assessments and gave tests without my knowledge and consent, knowing his own mother would have information about her own son.

Are you even "speech therapists" at this point? as I was told by CPS? or has this changed too?

I repeat, I do NOT consent to any further evaluation or visits of my son and strongly object to any interference, based on what has already happened, and the fact that I was NOT respected, and my son's rights have also been ignored as he is currently being denied diagnostics he needs.

I've already told doctors in Wenatchee about my concerns about my son, and WE were ignored. Which is a big reason we left for Canada. Canada treated us better with regard to my son's medical needs, as non-citizens (even willing to provide free services for my son) than any of you have, and now it seems there is a scramble to get evaluations in place for the benefit of the state and not my son.

I want my son evaluated by a speech therapist of my choosing, not yours, or Wenatchee's. I also want an MRI for my son. After these things are done, if you would like to provide supplementary "support" services, I'd be happy to speak with you with an "open mind".

For the record, I do NOT consent to the next appointment. I object, and want it rescheduled until the next hearing where I may appeal to the judge in this case.

Thanks,

Cameo



________________________________
> Subject: RE: From Oliver Garrett's Mother
> Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:43:26 -0700
> From: leahh@ncesd.org
> To: cameocares@live.com
>
> Dear Ms. Garrett,
> I would like to correct some of your assumptions regarding how we are involved with your son. We are Family Resources Coordinators, which means we help connect families to services they feel are necessary. At this time, we have only scheduled Oliver for a speech evaluation (he has, as yet, not been evaluated by anyone- that I know of), and my understanding is that you are attending this meeting next week. Is this not the case? I know it was scheduled at a time so that you could be present.
>
> Until now, we have not had any information regarding how to contact you regarding Oliver. We have been working with Marie Scanlon and Oliver's foster mother to schedule this appointment. It would be very helpful to have you attend the evaluation, and provide the therapists with information you feel is important that they know.
>
> I hope you will be able to meet with us with an open mind regarding what we can provide for Oliver, if he needs it. I know the staff we are working with will treat you with that respect. We are looking forward to meeting you.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Leah Harris
> NCESD Lead Family Resources Coordinator
> Chelan-Douglas Counties
> 630 N. Chelan, Suite A-1
> Wenatchee, WA 98801
> 509-664-3781
> 509-662-4562 (fax)
>
> Confidentiality Disclaimer:
> This e-mail message, including attachments, may contain confidential or privileged information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy the message.

No comments: