Thursday, December 25, 2008

CPS Refuses to Send Me "Packet" (April 10, 2008)

Here, you can see how interested Wenatchee CPS was in having me do UAs. They gave me zero notice of where this place was and they knew I didn't have transportation. It was impossible for me to miss work to find a bus when I lived in the middle of nowhere. I went along with the psych eval, not telling them I knew about the conflict of interest with Koch, because I wanted to see their "packet" of information. But even though I told them I'd go after I saw the packet, CPS refused to send it to me. I sat by a fax all day waiting for it. The bus pass was worthless bc there was one bus with weird hours. I had to hitchhike to get into Bellingham to visit my son and I hitchhiked every single week, just so I wouldn't miss seeing him:

RE: Psychological Evaluation‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Thu 4/10/08 1:28 PM
To: Erickson, Michelle K. (DSHS/CA) (ermi300@dshs.wa.gov)
Cc: Scanlon, Marie (DSHS/CA) (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov)


I do need the transportation for this area. I don't have anything. Thanks.

----------------------------------------
> Subject: RE: Psychological Evaluation
> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:07:48 -0700
> From: ERMI300@dshs.wa.gov
> To: cameocares@live.com
> CC: SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
>
> Ms. Garrett,
>
> I am inclined to take this email to mean that you do not wish to
> participate in the Psychological Evaluation that is scheduled for
> tomorrow and that you were originally notified of two weeks ago on
> 03/26/08. I would like to share with you that Dr. Lind-Walker has
> informed us that she does not review information provided by the
> Department until after she has met with the client. I am willing to wait
> to send your packet to Dr. Lind-Walker until after you have met with
> her, but I will still need a signed consent form to do so. Please let me
> know if you would be willing to attend the evaluation under these
> circumstances as soon as possible, otherwise I will need to cancel your
> appointment.
>
> I will leave your one time UA referrals for today and tomorrow as well
> as your random UA referral as they are. If you do not wish to
> participate in that service, you do not have to as you have the right to
> decline any services requested. The Department does want to continue to
> encourage you to participate with UAs as it will help to assess whether
> or not substance abuse is in fact a barrier to parenting in your case.
>
> Up until now you have not identified that transportation in the
> Bellingham area has been an issue for you. If you would like I can go
> through the steps to provide you with a bus pass for your area, as this
> is a standard service provided to DCFS parents to assist with
> participation in services. Please let me know if you would like me to
> follow up with a bus pass for your area.
>
> As far as the UA hours and location go, there is nothing I can do to
> eradicate this issue. I was able to find a UA test site that is open
> 8-5, Mon-Fri and is the closest one to your home in order to accommodate
> you. This is either more accessible or standard in comparison to what
> other DCFS clients are asked to do. I am sorry for your inconvenience,
> but once again you have every right to refuse this service.
>
> Thanks you for you time and take care.
>
> Michelle Erickson, MSW
> Social Worker III
> Division of Children and Family Services
> Wenatchee
> Phone: (509) 667-6118
> Fax: (509) 664-6358
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
> Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:48 AM
> To: Erickson, Michelle K. (DSHS/CA)
> Cc: Scanlon, Marie (DSHS/CA); Caballero, Tomas (ATG)
> Subject: RE: Psychological Evaluation
>
>
> Michelle,
>
> I AM WORKING.
>
> You didn't even ask me what hours I work tomorrow, and how I could even
> MAKE it to an appointment. I have a only their own interests. I think
> referring to your group as "Department" is highly appropriate, given the
> nature of what has happened. I've made complaints about State police,
> CPS, and the Attorney General's office was involved in smearing me long
> ago (Wenatchee office, according to their own in-house lawyers), and the
> Fair Hearings judges, INCLUDING DHSH.
>
> The "Department". The department has multiple conflicts of interest in
> how they've handled every aspect of the treamtment of me and my son and
> it's about time I involve another few "departments" which are federal in
> nature, and not state-based.
>
> Your UA appointment letter was given to me YESTERDAY and I don't have
> transportationn to Bellingham. I am also working tomorrow. Why can't
> you find something in Ferndale, or something closer to where I live?
>
> Finally, I'm not going to any psychological evaluation by the
> "Department" which will be conducted by yet another party PAID for and
> under contract with THE STATE, especially when you give me less than ONE
> day to submit my own information and records to her. You think you can
> send your own documents one day before an appointment and expect someone
> to thoroughly read and consider all the material, and whatever material
> I might have to share? I'd like to know what time the appointment is
> scheduled for too.
>
> If you can get me (transportation-wise) to a UA center at a time that
> doesn't conflict with my job, I will be more than happy to give a sample
> this one time. As for random, I do not and will not consent to such a
> thing, and if you want to know my history you can have my hair analyzed.
> I looked up the cost, and it's CHEAPER for the state than random UAs.
> When it's CHEAPER and more accurate, I question the objectives of "the
> department" in demanding I be put out of my job to attend random UAs
> which interfere with my livelihood.
>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> > Subject: Psychological Evaluation
> > Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:35:33 -0700
> > From: ERMI300@dshs.wa.gov
> > To: cameocares@live.com
> > CC: SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov; TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
> >
> >
> > Ms. Garrett,
> >
> >
> >
> > As we discussed yesterday there is a Psychological Evaluation
> scheduled for you tomorrow 04/11/08 at 9am with Dr. Ellen Lind-Walker. I
> cannot follow through with this Psychological Evaluation unless you sign
> a "Consent to Share Information" form. You indicated yesterday that you
> may be willing to sign this form if you are provided with all of the
> information the Department would be submitting to Dr. Lind-Walker. I
> have attached all the information Dr. Lind-Walker would be provided with
> as well as the letter I would be sending to guide her evaluation of you.
> You, of course, have every right to submit other documentation to Dr.
> Lind Walker as well as your own areas of focus for the evaluation. The
> documents I would be providing to Dr. Lind-Walker will be just as they
> read as I send them to you now. I will not be altering these documents
> to your liking. The purpose of the Psychological Evaluation is for a
> third party to take the client's input as well as the Department's input
> and complete an assessment and recommendations independently.
> >
> >
> >
> > I have also attached a "Consent to Share Information" form for you to
> complete if you wish to participate in the Psychological Evaluation. You
> will need to print the form and complete the section of the form
> indicating which records you approve the Department to share with Dr.
> Lind-Walker, the section indicating for how long you want the consent to
> last for as well as your signature and the date. Please fax this back to
> me by 4pm today at the fax number listed below. I need this consent form
> by 4pm today so I can properly prepare Dr. Lind-Walker for your
> evaluation. If I do not receive your fax by 4pm today I will assume you
> have declined to participate in this Psychological Evaluation.
> >
> >
> >
> > You indicated in your last email that you would not like to complete a
> UA today, as I had requested, due to your pain from your bus ride
> yesterday. I will leave the UA request for today as it is and request
> one for tomorrow as well. Please complete a UA either today or tomorrow.
> I will talk with my Supervisor about a hair sample as you have requested
> however due to the cost of that type of testing I cannot approve one
> right away. I will notify you as soon as I know whether or not we can
> have a hair test done on you. In the mean time, the Department would
> like you to complete a UA either today or tomorrow and participate in
> the random UA schedule you received a letter about yesterday. Thank you
> for your time and take care.
> >
> >
> >
> > Michelle Erickson, MSW
> >
> > Social Worker III
> >
> > Division of Children and Family Services
> >
> > Wenatchee
> >
> > Phone: (509) 667-6118
> >
> > Fax: (509) 664-6358
>

No comments: