Friday, December 19, 2008

No Family Support: Me & My Mother (August 29, 2006)

Flag this message
Re: Fwd: Fw: AREA CODE FRAUD ALERT DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:37 AM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
Dicksiedael@aol.com
Hi,

I just got this. I don't like forwards usually, so just send them to me if they're extra good or important. Like, no friendship chain-mail or other...you know. I wouldn't call one of these numbers anyway bc I don't have the money for it. And now I think I don't have any minutes left for calling bc I used them all up talking to Dad this a.m. That was my last calling card. Anyway, Dad said to check my e-mail bc there was a msg from you and I could tell it must be that you guys decided to pay for one of the services for me (don't reply to this e-mail address about it bc it's not safe or discreet--I did get at least one mail from you at the other address). Thank you so much, in advance. Tell Dad I'm sorry he took a call from me that was so negative (I was upset) but tell him not to take it personally--I wasn't upset for myself, it wasn't a "poor me" pity and dump call, it was about Oliver. I feel bad for Oliver bc he needs other people in his life that will stick around long-term, bc all he's got here is me. We have met plenty of other moms and kids, it's not that he can't socialize...it's that he's not able to bond with people who are going to be there for him in the long run. I mean, sure, he could bond with someone that's going to be around short term, but he needs meaningful relationships with people besides myself, that will be supportive and give him the chance to learn different things from someone else. He loves me to death, but he gets bored with me sometimes, and I can't provide the network he needs. Most of the single moms here have extended family that babysit or just play with the kids, and they are going to be around forever. Oliver doesn't have that and it has really been noticeable lately, which is part of the reason I am going out of my way to find something for him, for his future. Again, he meets people/kids, but they're not going to be around for long. I may move, they may move, and won't keep in touch. Even Rani's kids, gets lots of attnetion from Locklyn, though she's busy with dogs and work and 7 kids, and Gardenia babysits, and they have extended family that pays a lot of attention to her boy. Also, her boyfriend's family is stark raving devoted and the mom goes over all the time to play with him. Oliver doesn't have that, at all, and I've been feeling very sad about it. I'm not sorry for myself at all--the hard work isn't an issue and it doesn't matter to me--it's just that I can see it would make a difference with Oliver, who has only one constant in his life. If something happened to me, he would be completely alone and afraid. Oliver is adorable. He is happy and bright and affectionate, but I see how much he likes other people, and yet they can only "be there" for him for a few minutes, and the faces are always changing. He would like to meet other people he could depend upon for support and friendship and love, for life. And church people don't make any difference. People fom church come and go just as they do for every other organization. The people who are usaully still connected are family. I wish he had more attention even from your side of the family over here, but even if I were okay with it, everyone is too busy with their own lives and kids. Also, I don't feel comfortable with most of this side of the family bc of what has happened. Oliver cannot be put in harm's way and I cannot have either one of us jeopardized. It was this side of the "family" that lied about and got me sent to jail bc of false accusations, and then just left me there to rot, with no one visiting, when I was jailed falsely, and pregnant with Oliver. I even called Holly's family and got ahold of Andres who is usually loveable--I called him FROM jail and he turned a cold shoulder and said he didn't want to get involved, and acted like he thought I had actually done something wrng. Then no one called me, visited, nothing. So for anyone to think that I am going to be "okay" with getting involved with any of them again, wouldn't even make sense. Basically, true feelings and "family trust" was put to the test, and I was treated not like family, or even a friend, I was treated like a total stranger, or a dog. I can't let that happen again and bc the reactions of everyone were so bizarre to begin with, and because I HAVE been physically assaulted by Loren, Alita, and Valente, and Granny (Loren physically held me against my will from leaving a room and would run at me to try to do it again; Alita pushed me several times; Valente spat on my face and pushed me; Granny hit me, choked me, brushed my face with the broom, and more, while I would try to leave and get away, and then she'd call the police to tell them I was "running away" or threaten to "call Loren" to do God knows what) I cannot allow these things to be repeated and therefore, prevention means staying away.

Unfortunately, Levi and Carmen have decided to completely turn away from me too, after you started talking to him and "filling him in" when you and Dad were having a hard time. Based on whatever you were telling Levi, he thinks I actually deserved to go to jail, believes Loren was innocent and is "normal" and a "good guy" and that I'm the guilty party, and didn't call me, write, nothing for over a year. He did nothing for my birthday, nothing after suicide attempt, nothing when I was jailed, nothing when I was pregnant and he knew it, nothing when the baby was born, and then, a month or more later after Oliver was born he calls and says he's been busy as if nothing's wrong. Levi and Carmen have sent Oliver nothing. Nothing. Which is something Oliver will remember and notice later in life more than I will. My aunts sent me things, and even now, I have cousins and Grandma Rosella giving Oliver little gifts, but my own brother does nothing and I think it's sheer jealousy.

Anyway, I'm sorry to Dad about the conversation, and let him read this e-mail, but sometimes I don't feel like you care much about being Oliver's grandma, and both of you don't seem enthused about living closer to us or having us move over there so Oliver can have more involvement with people that may stick around. And I think if Levi and Carmen had a kid, you'd be totally different and would be doing a lot more for them and would be excited about a grandchild through them. I mean, you were more interested in your dog than Oliver when you were here, and kept repeating to me that Scooter was "your baby". You didn't even hardly hold Oliver. I think you think he's cute now, but I don't know how much you really care about him.

I'm thankful for the things you and Dad have done more recently to support us, but I just feel bad about some things.


Dicksiedael@aol.com wrote:


From: "Shirley Sandberg"
To: "Dicksie Garrett"
Subject: Fw: AREA CODE FRAUD ALERT DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:03:30 -0700


----- Original Message -----
From: LEONARD F TIDD
To: Mary & Vernon Pryor ; Sylvia Shon ; Shirley & Jim Sandberg ; Emma Hammonds
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:04 AM
Subject: Fw: AREA CODE FRAUD ALERT DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876


----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Dewey
To: Betty Frazier ; Bev & Leonard Tidd ; Cecil, Sharon Brummett ; Craig Debbie Phillips ; David Claudia Dewey ; Joe Retha Lynde ; Linda Terry Hopes ; Nancy Kreger ; Val Sherry Hirst
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:00 PM
Subject: Fw: AREA CODE FRAUD ALERT DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876


----- Original Message -----
From: Ohnogirl
To: EdHughs
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: Fw: AREA CODE FRAUD ALERT DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876


----- Original Message -----
From: julie mcbride
To: Donna Adams
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2006 5:25 PM
Subject: AREA CODE FRAUD ALERT DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876



Subject: AREA CODE FRAUD ALERT DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876

AREA CODE
We actually received a call last week from the 809 area code. The woman said "Hey, this is Karen. Sorry I missed you--get back to us quickly. I Have something important to tell you." Then she repeated a phone number beginning with 809 . "We didn't respond".

Then this week, we received the following e-mail:

Subject: DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809 , 284 AND 876

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US BY AT&T. DON'T EVER DIAL AREA CODE 809

This one is being distributed all over the US . This is pretty scary, especially given the way they try to get you to call.
Be sure you read this and pass it on.
They get you to call by telling you that it is information about a family member who has been ill or to tell you someone has-been arrested, died, or to let you know you have won a wonderful prize, etc.
In each case, you are told to call the 809 number right away. Since there are so many new area codes these days, people unknowingly return these calls.

If you call from the US , you will apparently be charged $2425 per-minute.

Or, you'll get a long recorded message. The point is, they will try to keep you on the phone as long as possible to increase the charges. Unfortunately, when you get your phone bill, you'll often be charged more than $24, 100.00.

WHY IT WORKS:

The 809 area code is located in the British Virgin Islands (The Bahamas ).
The charges afterwards can become a real nightmare. That's because you did actually make the call. If you complain, both your local phone company and your long distance carrier will not want to get involved and will most likely tell you that they are simply providing the billing for the foreign company. You'll end up dealing with a foreign company that argues they have done nothing wrong.

Please forward this entire message to your friends, family and colleagues to help them become aware of this scam

Sandi Van Handel
AT&T Field Service Manager
(920)687-904



Additional information on these area codes can be found from ATT at:



> http://www.consumer.att.com/consumertips/areacode.html

No comments: