Friday, December 19, 2008

Man Predicts Jealousy Of Oliver (Oct. 31, 2006)

Flag this message
Oliver Update
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 9:52 AM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
eaglelaw@qwest.net, dick.whittemore@bullivant.com, dslader@spiritone.com
Oliver turns the pages of books at my request, when I'm reading to him (since 4 1/2 months), and poops on command (or tries to, if I ask him to). Granny saw him yesterday and said she'd never in her life seen a more active baby and said he seemed really smart. A lot of times, if I show Oliver how to do something, he picks it up right away. He's almost crawling, and rocks back and forth up on all fours right now and can get into this position himself, after I showed him.

Also, a neighbor was impressed with him that he was actively trying to play with her son, who was older, because he kept patting the older girl to get her attention to play with him. Everyone comments on how tall he is (still over the 100th percentile), and still, on how focused he is, and alert. But he wakes up to eat about 5-7 times a night. I give him an egg yolk a day (organic, freerange eggs), and his favorite fruit/veggie is sweet potatoes. He eats applesauce, prunes, apricots, blueberries, no-fat refried beans, rice cereal, and veggies. He loves mashed potatoes with turkey gravy and tomato sauces. I give him a little bit of cod liver oil everyday, and a touch of organic expeller-pressed coconut oil (a good medium chain fat for brain development). I put him a walker at last resort, or for fun, and everyday, I let him do some walking, and now he loves running too...with me holding him around the chest, he'll move his legs really fast so he's running instead of walking, and he LOVES it.

I think he is as active now as he was in the womb...he was just stunned after delivery for a couple months...and the poor kid had a scab on his head from his head injury for a couple of months, so I know he wasn't feeling really good.

I had to wean him because I couldn't keep up having to express milk (he refused to nurse after the doctor put him on a bottle with expressed breastmilk when there was a painful yeast infection). I weaned him on my birthday so it would be memorable. I cried about it, because I had wanted to nurse him a long time for the benefits, but it was impossible. So it was a gift to both of us for me to stop expressing because now he doesn't have to wait for his milk and I don't have to spend 30 minutes of idle sitting and expressing each feeding. Bascially, I think his doctor screwed things up, but I can't do anything about it now, so i give him the best holistic nutrition possible now and he's thriving. Hasn't had any colds or diarrhea since I took an exemption for his immunizations after his bad reaction at his 2 month shots. From what I've read, children naturally build their own immune system and it strengthens with age, so when he is older I'll introduce shots, perhaps one at a time, to monitor for adverse reactions again. My doctor refused to the end to provide me with the batch and lot number and manufacturers date of the vaccines Oliver received, which caused his serious diarrhea. I still haven't been able to report to VAERS because even the medical records wouldn't give me records. Now I'm with another clinic and they said I could get the info.

As for me, I've lost all my old friends that I had for years. They believe the article by teh Willamette Week about me, because they don't understand why a retraction wasn't printed, and why I didn't get anywehre with a lawsuit...so they think it must be true, what was said. I have so many damages, and even in a new location, people find out about the article and judge me and gossip. Plus I'm still harassed by the catholic church and I do not believe it will EVER end, especially because they know that even if litigation ends, I am a capable writer and can write about everything and have it published, which would be damaging to them...SO they will follow me and harass me forever. My best friend has been forging a way for herself as a writer in NYC and has worked for publishing houses, and is writing her own novel which is going to be published. She also teaches at a writing university now. She is telling me to start writing, every single day, with just short stories. She tells me to start with the day I caught Brother Ansgar, as she put it, "checking out your ass". I kept telling her I wanted to write, but never knew where to start. This is what she has suggested, and promises to help edit, and says she has some prospects working as a writer for literary magazines and is telling me she promises my book will be published.

I know I will be published. It is something I have always known I was meant to do. God gave me important material to write about. And I know that this puts me and Oliver at risk for continued harassment, and future harassment. I know that after my book is published, I will have to totally disappear. I know that all the harassment against me, to date, has been without a death threat because the catholic church knows this is one thing that WOULD draw attention to what they've done. THey couldn't put out death threats, so they threatened me in every other way, and tried to destroy my credibility (and have been successful to ddate) and cause me suffering and break me down. I am like a religious and political refugee, and would qualify for refuge in other countries...asylum...because even police and FBI have been involved and have done nothing to protect me. I have seen the worst of judges who are easily manipulated and have done illegal things, and I have even been imprisioned wrongfully. There is no justice in America, not for me. For some, but not for me, and that makes it impossible to have any faith in the justice system, or those who could have, and chose not, to tell the truth or help me.

But I am able to write, and God gave me Oliver for a reason and I know he is going to do something great with his life. The other day, a disabled man who was disfigured, said Oliver was going to inspire jealousies of others, and was going to be a great man. He said other children cried when they saw him, or were scared, but Oliver was just grinning at him and totally secure.

No comments: