Sunday, December 14, 2008

music today

Listening to "The Lucky One". Alison Krause. Over and over. I just like it. Then I listened to other Krause songs, all good, and now "Skylark" by K.D. Lang. I don't know why, but the word "barefoot" came to mind so I typed it in for a music search and found a song called "Barefoot" by k.d.lang. it's really beautiful.

I'm just going through what comes to mind, and "Beginner's Luck" came to mind and I watched Fred Astaire sing a song (that ends in dogs howling. lol)

Just listened to Coldplay's "Lovers in Japan". I like it. Thank God it's a little bit upbeat, while being real at the same time. I was hoping it wasn't going to be a terribly mushy love song of joy that would just make me sad. No, it's good. Like the spinning room...eh? hmmm.... head, spinning room...lol. I can't stand it. I guess I'll have to see all the videos at some point, just to see if I'm on some weird psychic wavelength I don't know about yet.

Just heard Jay-Z ft. on Coldplay's "Lost". Really liked it. Crazy because somehow I was skeptical at first, but it totally worked. I liked the lyrics to the rap too.

Just listened to it again. My God, I think it was meant for me, for this night even. I really needed to hear that song. Thank you God, for giving someone the words. For giving some people the words.

Stumbled across Keith Urban. Listened to "Stupid Boy" and now "You're My Better Half". I really like the other one, "You're My Better Half". Now "Once In A Lifetime", which is also good. I'm really enjoying listening to him, and everything is really uplifting with good melodies and he's really got a good voice. "Days Go By". How many good songs does he have? I'm not really into country, but I like him, and Krause I've always liked...I guess I'm just a little selective, but they're pop and known, so maybe I'm *not* very selective? Well, I'm done writing for tonight.

No comments: