Thursday, December 25, 2008

12th Request to State for Discovery (March 16, 2008)

Incomplete Discovery‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Sun 3/16/08 9:31 AM
To: tomasc@atg.wa.gov (tomasc@atg.wa.gov)


Mr. Cabbellero,

I just received the discovery for this case a couple days ago and gave it to my lawyer. I still do not have the discovery from the visits by the monitor.

Additionally, my family found out, last minute, that this lawyer was charging more than expected, and that his strategies had changed. We have been working with him alone, thinking he would represent me, and we've already paid him a large amount of money before we signed a retainer. However, I didn't find out until FRIDAY that he wanted to just assist me pro se if we couldn't pay as much as he wanted for travelling costs to Wenatchee. Also, he wanted/wants to enter my response right away and see if the Judge will just throw it out on the spot, at his discretion, even before fact finding, after seeing how poorly and biased the investigation was, and my explanation of events.

I somewhat agree with him and yet I just found out about all of this last minute, but I have talked to other lawyers who don't think I should go pro se for even this first hearing, and I believe I should have more time to run this by another attorney, for a second opinion, because if I get change of venue, which I want, it has to happen in the beginning.

I have documentation of good faith efforts to secure representation, and I do not wish to postpone, except that I need to be sure I am on the same page with my lawyer and last minute changes in the plan aren't good enough. I need to run this by someone else to see how to preserve my right to change of venue.

In the meantime, I need the SCAN monitor discovery regarding my visitations with my son.

I wasn't writing to you before, but now, since I'm finding out he wants to do a team approach with another lawyer and be part of a "chair" and have me go pro se until we sign a retainer for this, I am writing this myself, to show documentation of what is going on.

Cameo

No comments: