Thursday, December 25, 2008

Response to Broken Promise 8 (March 16, 2008)

RE: Looking‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Sun 3/16/08 7:49 PM
To: dicksiedael@aol.com


I changed my mind about him because HE changed everything he said he was going to do. Even YOU agreed, and KYLE agreed, it wasn't a good idea to have me go pro se.

YOU guys have always been pressuring me to go with court appointed counsel in Wenatchee.

Mr. Beaty isn't even the one who would be REPRESENTING ME. It would be Paul Cassell, Bankruptcy attorney and Wenatchee PD.

EVERYTHING has changed and been thrown in my face as of FRIDAY. I never even heard ANYONE suggest I go with a PD until last Friday.

That's NOT what we agreed to. You agreed to help me with a private attorney. Not to help me with a private attorney who backs out last minute and throws it over to PD. Mr. Beaty would be nothing more, on this end, than a mouthpiece. He wouldn't be my lawyer. If Paul Cassell gets involved, Paul Cassell is the lawyer, and that's court appointed defense, which I stated very clearly, from the start, I knew was not in my or Oliver's best interest.

You need to start thinking about how everything has changed and was thrust upon me last minute. You also need to recognize that THIS arrangment is not what I was agreeing to, in regards to your "conditions". I agreed that I would accept your "conditions" if I had private representation.

Now, that's not even an option. So don't accuse ME of changing my mind.

I don't even think you get it, or you think I'm so stupid, I won't catch on. If Mr. Beaty doesn't sign a retainer, he is NOT my lawyer. Period. The court appointed lawyer would be my attorney. Period. ANd that's not what I agreed to.

Finally, I think I remember how you ignored my pleas for help BEFORE CPS took Oliver away. I think I recall you and Dad saying, over the phone and by email, that it wasn't necessary. You didn't trust my judgment, and SHOULD have. YOU need to start believing in your own daughter, instead of tattling about your concerns about how she'll hitchhike, and her mental health, and how she "has no friends" and doesn't "get along with family" to CPS.

YOU were a part of the reason Oliver was taken away from me, and it's right there in the discovery and in the allegations. YOUR words, not mine. YOUR families words, not mine.

Your family has screwed me over more than once. I even ended up in jail on false charges because of YOUR family. And missed out on filing bankruptcy because of it and because Locklyn was telling me to do it myself afterwards.

Why don't you start taking some responsibility for YOUR ACTIONS and your involvement in this, and in some of the worst things that have happened in my life. In both the jail situation AND this one, YOUR FAMILY was directly involved.

You should be getting money to pay for my private practice attorney from your family. They are part of the reason I am where I am and THEIR flapping lips sank ships. ANd, I do recall asking Holly, several times, and the rest of your family, for assistance cleaning before CPS came over and NO ONE would help me. But now they want to keep Oliver.

YOUR family had better make things right, by ME, by OLIVER, and in the eyes of God. And by the way, I think Dad will agree with me on this point, that your family is partly responsible, but he can't tell you this to your face because you'll wig out and defend the Bairds and yourself, over and above ME, all the way, at every turn, no matter what.

And by the way, don't expect me to believe you "love" me when you already wrote me an email telling me you didn't anymore and didn't want to be a part of my life but only "cared" about me "in a general sort of way". Yeah, your true colors came out when you thought you were getting divorced. No more need to fake affection and "love" for me, to win the approval of your husband, and acceptance.

Face up to your own shit.

When you do, the world will be a better place, and I may even be able to begin to forgive you.

Cameo

________________________________
> To: cameocares@live.com
> Subject: Re: Looking
> Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:26:29 -0400
> From: dicksiedael@aol.com
>
> Cameo, I'm not even going to respond to your earlier notes except to say that in spite of all the things you say and think, I love you and wish the best for you now and always. However, that doesn't mean I will do everything you wish...now or in the future.
>
> We have already paid money to Mr. Beaty and HE is THE attorney YOU wanted. I understand that you are now having second thoughts and don't apparently any longer have confidence in him. I will say, though, in his behalf, that not many attorneys would send their secretarys to pick you up and provide you with transportation. He did not get paid for that and in fact does pay his secretary .. ..to type, etc...not drive clients.
> Anyhow, that aside, he may ...or may not...be the best option. But as far as we are concerned, now that we are into it, he is the ONLY option....he and Paul Cassell. As you say, you are an adult. You can make your own decisions. We have tried to support/help you in those decisions which is why we've spent money on him already. You can choose, now, to go another direction. However, we just want to be plain and have you understand, that if you do, in fact, go another direction, you do it on your own. We won't be paying towards another attorney. Also, if you DO decide to stick with Mr Beaty and Mr Cassel, we won't continue with any other financial help in that direction, either, if you choose to disregard their advice.

No comments: