Thursday, December 25, 2008

Dumping Beaty (March 16, 2008)

Need Motion For Continuance and Representation ASAP‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Sun 3/16/08 8:48 PM
To: beatylaw@aol.com; dicksiedael@aol.com


Dear Mr. Beaty,

I had thought you were my lawyer and that we had to just sign the retainer when I came in next, until last Friday.

Less than a week before Friday, I got word you thought I should go pro se. Then I got word, only this Friday, that I should go with a public defender, which I've objected to from the beginning.

All this time, I believed we were following a certain strategy and course, and now I'm left without a lawyer.

I need a well written motion for continuance, with declaration, that explains how this is not my fault, and that I've done everything possible to obtain legal counsel and thought I had. I will also need some kind of supporting documentation to show I found out about changes last minute.

I specifically wanted change of venue and yet I think that by filing a "response" I lost that right. I also haven't heard you say anything about defending me for shelter care, and making an argument to get my son back, and how my living arrangments are good, etc. In the last hearing, the AG aggressively harassed me with questions about the father and where was my son conceived, and the Judge allowed it, even though I had objected earlier, to answering any questions without representation.

I also know that as of this next hearing, this Judge can immediately ORDER a mental health evaluation on behalf of the state, and I would have no one objecting to this, or fighting for me stating I'm going to have other testing done first. I won't be able to have independent testing OR the "other testing" if a Judge starts making orders for me to comply with.

I feel it's exceptionally unfair to change just about EVERYTHING last minute, on Friday, leaving me no time to find other representation or solutions.

I must have a continuance and at this point, I will need a lawyer to fight for continuance.

My agreement with my parents was for private representation, for shelter care hearing and change of venue.

I don't even have an argument for the shelter care hearing and how my son could live with me NOW and how it is safe.

I have to take a bus to Wenatchee tomorrow, early in the morning, and will have no way of picking up a letter or motion with declaration. I will need an email from you ASAP and I'm also going to need, possibly, to have you or your friend in Ellensburg, appear at this hearing simply to ask for continuance, based on the last minute change of plans.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

Thank you,

Cameo

No comments: