Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby's Hair?!? Not Blond?!

Okay, I said I wasn't going to write about miscarriage, and I'm not going to write about that anymore. But allow me to question, out loud, what in the world?!

Today I found several tiny, tiny, little black (dark brown) curly hairs. Very tiny, and curling, but not pubic hair. They were inside of me. I thought it was a mistake, but when I'm checking to see if anything is happening, my hands are always completely clean.

This is the other thing, I have not had sex with anyone except the father of the baby, for about 5 months. I was only with him for a couple months prior to conception, and then wasn't with ANYONE, to this DAY, afterward.

He has blond hair and blue eyes. Where in the hell did these curly dark brown/black hairs come from?! No one, I mean NO ONE in my family has curly, OR dark brown hair. They're all a bunch of blonds. Flaxen and platinum blonds in childhood, at that.

So here I've been picturing a blond baby, and I'm finding these dark CURLY hairs.

I went home, because I wondered if a fetus has hair yet at 11 weeks and it DOES. It has frickin' HAIR. AND, you can tell by the genitals, by this age, if it's a boy or girl, so I'm glad I'll be able to find out.

Is this not odd though? The father DID say HIS dad had darker features and hair, but curly dark brown or black hair?

I didn't go home with ANYONE or take anyone home, and I wasn't drunk anywhere around the time I conceived.

If people in the father's family DON'T have this kind of hair, I'm wondering if...this sounds crazy, but do I have sleepwalk and have sex? Or what?!

I wonder, because when I was a little girl, my grandmother found me sleepwalking and I didn't even know what I'd done the next day. I walked down from upstairs, into the bathroom where she was washing her face, picked up the washcloth next to her, and didn't notice she was talking to me, and I walked with the washcloth over to the toilet and dropped the washcloth into the toilet. Then, it's reported, I walked straight out of the bathroom and back upstairs. The next morning, I still remember this, I came down for breakfast and everyone started laughing. They told me what I'd done and I had NO idea.

So I really hope the father has people in his family with this kind of hair, because he's the only one I was with, if I wasn't SLEEPWALKING and I wonder about this now, too, because of my other roommate who asked me if I'd remember coming into his room the night before and laughing and saying "oh," he must have just had a dream but he wasn't sure. He kept saying, over and over, "You don't remember ANYTHING?" why would I? Unless I was either drugged or maybe, WHAT IF I SLEEPWALK?!!!!!!!!!!

Crap. I think I'm going to ask for genetic testing to be done on the fetus. Is that unreasonable? I mean, the dates totally fit the night of conception, and it all FITS, but I'm wondering about the darker curly hair.

I just kept thinking "blond baby".

Wow. What if this baby was going to have curly dark brown/black hair? How weird. I suppose it's possible though, because the father did tell me he looked nothing like his Dad. I suppose I could have had a white baby with dark hair. It's just NOT what I was expecting to find today.

Okay, logically, it's most likely that this is not the product of sleepwalking. I think I would KNOW if I'd sex with someone, by the way I felt the next day.

I guess this one was maybe just going to have darker hair, maybe like it's paternal grandfather.

The only REMOTE, remote, possibility would have to be if I was sleepwalking and did something with my roommate I stayed with for 2 months, and that's just really unlikely. He never acted like we'd done anything. I'm quite certain we did not. He wasn't even home the same time I was half the time. That would be the ONLY other possibility because I wasn't even near anyone else, in proximity, while sleeping. Also, when I said I was pregnant, he said, laughing, that at least he knew it wasn't HIS baby. Because he knew, as I did, that we hadn't done anything. We weren't romantic in any way at all. I wasn't interested in the least.

No comments: