Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Caballero Refuses Discovery (Feb. 26, 2008)

I am going back to repost this, and the response, because right after I complain about not getting discovery from the STATE, which was, I now know, Caballero's responsibility to give me and not CPS's, and after I complain about Marie Scanlon's attempts to delay visitation, notice what she writes next...which seems to be a Wenatchee pattern: use police against someone else to make THEM look like they've done something wrong and not YOU:

RE: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions‏
From: Caballero, Tomas (ATG) (TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV)
Sent: Tue 2/26/08 5:51 PM
To: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Cc: Scanlon, Marie (SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov)

Ms. Garrett, please direct your concerns to the court if you want legal
redress. I will no longer respond to your numerous emails as I am
uncomfortable having continued discussions about your case via email. I
would suggest that you address your complaints to the court by proper
written motion. In the interim, it is your decision whether or not to
visit your son. I would suggest that you do whatever is possible to
visit with your child ... for your child's sake.

I must reiterate that I will not answer your emails. Any further
communication, I ask that you direct to the court in writing.

Cordially Yours,

Tomas Caballero
Assistant Attorney General

-----Original Message-----
From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:42 PM
To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG)
Subject: RE: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions


I have repeatedly requested discovery from Marie and she refuses to
comply. Not only that, she has lied to me on several occasions, and
gives me no prior notice before I am to see my son, interferring with my
ability to catch a bus to see my son, or know where I am going and where
I will be staying once I am in Wenatchee, when they is no excuse not to
have a room in place ahead of time, with the advance notice they have.

I do not have discovery, and after giving me only an hour to catch a bus
and then miss visiting my son yesterday, she now tells me to hop on a
bus tomorrow morning and find out where my surprise accomodations are
after I'm already in Wenatchee. She has had 2 days to figure out
accomodations and it doesn't take more than one day to book a room.

This is disrespectful to me, as the mother of the child they care "so
much" about, and shows me CPS is not interested in gaining my trust or
respect, but only in jerking me around to jump through their hoops, to
debase me in exchange for a chance to see my son.

I am now filing a formal complaint against Marie, which I held off on
before.

I talked to a private attorney earlier today, as well, who believes it
will be easy to get change of venue. This sort of behavior from
Wenatchee CPS certaintly makes it easier to prove they are not
interested in working with me but in trying to break me down and be
disrespectful.

I will consider whether or not I will take the bus to Wenatchee
tomorrow. As much as I want to see my son, I'm not going to jump
through ANY of the CPS hoops when these kinds of things are being done
purposefully, hoping to antagonize me so I won't see my son and give
them an excuse to say I don't care enough. They are not trying to work
with me and facilitate a reunion with my son, but trying to find ways to
put obstacles in my path.

How would you like, Mr. Cabellero, to take a bus to MY PLACE, with no
money with you and having no desire to be over here to begin with, and
told you'll find out where you'll be staying sometime after you're
dropped off at the curb? Find a payphone, Sir. Do you trust ME with
your accomodations? Where do you think Cameo Garrett would put YOU up
for a night? Oh, and by the way, I just took your kid from you, and
haven't allowed you to see him for over a month.

You people are digging your own hole for removal.

----------------------------------------
> Subject: RE: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:58:58 -0800
> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
> To: cameocares@live.com
> CC: SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
>
> There are several local experienced attorneys that are not public
> indigent defense attorneys that I can give you their names if you are
> interested. Regards, Tom
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:29 PM
> To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG)
> Subject: RE: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions
>
>
>
> Okay, thank you. I think I can show diligence. I've been on the
phone
> a lot and have talked to several lawyers and with my family about
> securing one. I'm mainly told my case is complicated by the lawyers
who
> turn me down. So I'm now looking for lawyers who have more experience
> under their belt,who may be able to handle "complications". Thanks
for
> understanding.
> ----------------------------------------
> > Subject: RE: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions
> > Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:40:18 -0800
> > From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
> > To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
> >
> > Ms. Garrett, please let me know when you have retained an attorney
in
> this matter. The sooner the better. The next hearing on March 19,
2008
> at 1:00 p.m. is a contested shelter care hearing where the court will
> consider evidence whether or not to keep your child in out of home
> placement as requested by the Department. Unless you can show
diligence
> in obtaining an attorney to represent you, I will not be in a position
> to agree to a further continuance of the contested hearing. I would
> also suggest that you make arrangements to be in court on March 19th
> hopefully with an attorney. Regards, Tomas Caballero, Assistant
> Attorney General.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
> > Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:35 AM
> > To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG); Scanlon, Marie
> > Subject: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions
> >
> >
> >
> > I want to see my son THIS week, back to back, and need someone to
call
> me with PRIOR notice about arrangements. I do not have a car nor do I
> live on a bus route and would have to make arrangements for someone to
> take me into Bellingham, and as some people I live with work in
> Bellingham and go into town in the morning, they could take me then.
I
> still have not had a call from Marie about arrangments. I also have
NOT
> received the discovery promised me and need this ASAP.
> >
> > It seems Russ thinks CPS is going to win fact finding and dependency
> and was already talking about how they'll remove the case to
Bellingham
> when I'm ordered to receive services.
> >
> > I will NOT be ordered to receive any services or participate in
> anything, until I have private reprentation, period. I will NOT agree
> to fact finding without private representation and if I have to wait a
> few months until I can afford to pay for one on my own, that's what I
> will do.
> >
> > After I have retained a private attorney, I will agree to an
> independent mental health evaluation and cooperate if there is an
order
> for one from someone CPS wants to have it through.
> >
> > I do not believe it is in my son's best interest for his mother to
be
> found guilty of "abusing or neglecting" him when I've never done any
> such thing and yet am told CPS will win no matter what I say.
> >
> > If this means, unfortunately, that my son must remain with my aunt
> until I have enough money to fight it and prove I'm not guilty, that's
> what will happen.
> >
> > Cameo

No comments: