Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CPS Breaks Dept. Rules (Feb. 29, 2008)

RE: Reservations For Hotel In Wenatchee Today‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Fri 2/29/08 10:10 AM
To: Scanlon, Marie (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov)


Marie,

You have been the problem in this case. If anyone has been uncooperative, it has been you. You have broken several department rules and not followed timelines, and this caused considerable delay in my ability to see my son. You also lied to me on more than one occasion and tried to manipulate me.

My son showed evidence of trauma when I saw him yesterday. He was thinner than when I was in Canada, and he was confused and panicked when my aunt left, as you allowed so much time to elapse since he last saw me. He was worried that now his aunt, who had been filling the gap during his trauma in being torn from me, would also just leave and disappear forever. It took awhile to calm him down and then he was laughing with me, wanting to lay down next to me in the way we used to co-sleep, and feeling very happy about it and the familiarity.

The observer was fine and I don't have a problem with her, but she asked me some questions about my case, and when I answered, she then allowed me to talk and then told me she didn't know anything and wasn't supposed to know. I had not read this email from you, and I don't want to be penalized or written up in any way because I had someone prompt information out of me and then write something negative. I don't know whether anything was mentioned or not, but I thought it odd she asked me and then would stop me and then asked me AGAIN, and wanted me to respond.

As for the CASA guardian, he came in during the visit and told me not to have my son on my shoulders for a "horsey ride" (which my son was enjoying and laughing about), and told me I'd wear myself out. I "wore myself out" every single day, all day, when I was my son's only caregiver. I didn't do anything different than I normally would and tried to do a bunch of things with my son that he is familiar with, which we used to do every day. I don't want people coming into these visits unless they make prior arrangments with me.

Additionally, I and even the monitor would agree that room is too small for my son. He needs to have room to run and be active and needs a larger space.

Putting an officer at standby is your choice and a CPS choice to make me appear dangerous and crazy and some kind of risk. You will all be held accountable for your choices in the future, and will certaintly make a name for yourselves.

You all know that I write. You don't have any proof from anyone that I'm mentally ill. And when someday I'm writing about YOU and including your names and describing the actiions you took which were hysteric, extreme, and damaging to my son, people will not forget you, just as they will not forget Det. Perez.

I believe this department has been prejudiced against me from the start, but I am sure it would also be interesting, to start interviewing other people whose cases you handle. Either it would further prove prejudice and extreme measures against me and my son, or it would prove this entire department needs an overhaul and some publicity.

As for discussing things that would upset my son, I don't discuss adult matters in front of my son and never have. You have nothing to worry about now, certaintly. What you may begin worrying about later, is how my son views you in the future, and what he will hear about you in the future when he is old enough to understand and take the bad news. And he'll have these emails, of his mother trying repeatedly to advocate for her son and see him, and he'll have the ones from your department, putting your grudges, politics, and prejudice before his best interests.

You had no reason for delaying discovery. You said it was ready several days ago and that you would fax it to my attorney right away and then you withheld and delayed when I said I was the attorney at this point, and that I had a right to the discovery. Since then, you've made excuses.

Yesterday you told me in person you would hand over the discovery that afternoon if I stayed in town. I went home to Bellingham.

I need the discovery faxed to me TODAY. I am seeing some private attorneys who have become very, very, interrested in this case. One is a former military investigator who is interested in Pamela's technique.

He has said to me, "They canNOT take your son away without EVIDENCE and proof of incompetence." Which you don't have. You have suspicion and hearsay.

Your department could eventually be liable for damages. My son has damages which are documented, and I am having to document my own damages from this and see a physician for some of the new problems (inability to sleep) that have only begun since you tore a family apart.

You people need to deal with your own issues and insecurities and narrow-mindedness, before you can judge or make decisions about other people's lives.

________________________________
> Subject: RE: Reservations For Hotel In Wenatchee Today
> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:00:28 -0800
> From: SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
> To: cameocares@live.com
>
>
> Cameo -
>
> I forgot to mention that we will have a Wenatchee Police Officer in the building tomorrow during your visit. This is a safety precaution. If there are any concerns that you will take Oliver out of our building or make a scene in front of him, the visit will end immediately. If there is any inappropriate conversation with or in front of Oliver the visit will end immediately. This includes talk about the Department, myself, your case, your medical problems or people you are in conflict with.

No comments: