Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CPS Lies & Tries To Put Me On Street (March 8, 2008)

I wrote this after I went to Wenatchee and CPS didn't tell me where I was going ahead of time again, and then I found out late, and showed up and they were trying to tell me to stay at a homeless shelter bc I didn't have a credit card. I had told Marie, over the phone, before I left for Wenatchee, that I didn't have any credit cards and how I'd stayed out of debt, and the next thing I know, someone is telling me I have to have a credit card to stay at the hotel. Marie KNEW I didn't have a credit card and then lies and says she didn't know it was required, but I knew something was up because I'd just told Marie I didn't have any cards and this happens...so I got the name of the woman from the hotel and she said Marie knew very well, and asked about, credit card requirements and they told her they had one:

RE: My Son and Travel Arrangements‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Sat 3/08/08 10:03 AM
To: Scanlon, Marie (DSHS/CA) (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov)



Marie,

I'm not able to make "other arrangements" and I've stayed at hotels at various times throughout my life and NEVER been required to put a credit card down, or a debit card, to get a room. I could give you a list of both major chains I've used in the past which could verify even recent stays (in the last year) and independent chains. The only thing any of them have ever required is a driver's license, if even that.

I feel that it's quite clear that CPS has continued to interfere with even the most basic things, and made simple arrangements difficult.

The woman who made the reservation with you was Britney. I took her name down because she clearly remembered speaking to you about how I would now be required to use a debit card or credit card to even get a room--not just use the phone, but get a room, period.

CPS is responsible for what has happened. Your organization chose to make decisions based on suspicion and hysteria, and almost the ENTIRE list of "allegations" is hearsay and fabricated, and even CONTRADICTS earlier documented CPS reports.

As for the bus, I am told cancellations are not a problem, but I notice that, if you are expecting me to see my son on Tuesday, you must have scheduled something for Monday, and yet you have not even sent me an email telling me what the arrangement is.

If I see my son Tuesday, I have to take a morning bus Monday, or at the latest, an afternoon bus. And yet you made accomodations but haven't even told me what they are and where I will end up. You made a bus ticket, without even knowing I could get a room.

I don't have anywhere else to stay in Wenatchee and I don't have money to pay for my own hotel room.

You have had over 2 weeks to check on other arrangements for me at another hotel and have failed to do so, when it would take maybe an hour at the most.

As for my emailing other people besides you, such as your supervisor or Russ, I am told that if I have problems with you (which have been unending) I am to then speak to Jennifer or Russ, and so I have done this. I will continue to do this and to document every detail of what I consider to be harassment and bad faith on the part of CPS, until things are fixed and BASIC things are no longer problematic. You should, at the very least, be giving me more than 12 hours notice about travel arrangements, when you know I have a job to consider, and an employer I'm working with, and you should also have hotel room in place and be able to let me know where I'm going before I get on a bus.

As for train vs. bus, I'm sure there are risks to all forms of travel, however, it is riskier to drive a motorcycle than a car, and there may be a similiar decrease in risk when taking the train, which I plan to research. This is my life and the life of a child's mother.

By the way, from what I hear, the monitor considers my "parenting" to be extremely impressive and that I'm very, very, good with Oliver. This isn't a surprise to me. It's a surprise that someone from CPS would honestly and accurate depict what kind of a mother I am, but I'm not putting on a show for anyone. I do the same things, in 4 hours a week, that I did with my son 24 hours a day, every day of the week. My son shows zero signs of neglect or abuse, and never has, and has always been in the top percentiles for growth, until he was removed from me and lost over 5 lbs in 2 weeks. He is well-adjusted, trusts other people, is very affectionate and warm with others, believing others will treat him the same way, because his mother gave him a foundation of love and security. He is also extremely bright and I encouraged him in his intellectual development to try new things, learn things, and we went out in public all the time.

You had nothing for "evidence" other than a blog, which was misinterpreted and attacked, when it's inappropriate to use free speech as an indicator of mental health or for "diagnosis", and I had a messy house, which was because I was extremely physically ill and too weak to barely do anything other than care for my son directly and put all my focus on him. It was not always like that, but at the time it was, I was extremely sick and going to ER for legitimate reasnons. ER didn't do an MRI and therefore could not rule out there WASN'T something going on, and they have made complaints about me ever since I said I was going to sue them for HIPPA violations, defamation (claiming I was drug seeking), and medical malpractice. People in Wenatchee don't like to be wrong, or told they're doing something wrong, especially if it's by someone they consider to be "beneath" them. Being articulate enough to ask for accountability is, obviously, a huge threat to them, their insurance, and their reputations. I also, when I was sick, asked for support and help from my family to clean my house and described to them, several times, my need for support at that time, and no one offered to help. In fact, I was turned down. I specifically called Holly, in fact, many times, asking for a helping hand. She couldn't contribute then, but she is now in total control and charge of my son. She could have given a few hours of her time, or someone else from my family, and yet they didn't.

Am I to blame for being physically, not mentally, ill? You discriminated against me because I was on welfare to boot. If all circumstances had been the same and yet I had been a working mother, no one would have done this. But instead, CPS imagined I was doing horrible things all day with my son, or doing nothing at all, leaving him to roam unsupervised in unsanitary conditions, while I...what? hallucinated and raved and took pills and wrote crazy things on my blog?

Your imaginations are what brought this on. I take zero responsibility for what has happened, because you are wrong about me. I know that I am probably a better mother and have better parenting skills than most of the CPS workers at your office, and I have over a decade of experience working with other people's kids as well.

Yet you punish me for being sick, and being on welfare, even though even under these circumstances, and while the house was dirtier than it's ever been, I had my eye on my son at all times, knew what he was doing at all times, loved him and played with him and cared for him above all else, and tried to leave to find out if my and HIS illness and symptoms were from environmental causes.

Did you know, Marie, that there will be actual testing for radiation? My lawyer and other lawyers have said this is because no competent evaluation by a mental health professional can be done or credited without first RULING OUT other possibilities. Did you know, as well, that things were actually melting at my house which were plugged into the wall? The electrical work was fine, because it was inspected before I moved in. But my computer harddrive literally melted, and then a space heater melted and then Christmas lights on the tree (the kind that bubble, the noma lights) also melted and I had to return them to Wal-mart. Did you also know that new technology uses magnetic currents for stoves which keep the unit cool to the touch and yet specifically cause water in a pot on the stove to boil? I also did NOT come up with "radiation" or magnetic/microwave theory for my physical symptoms on my own. I was already having the extreme pain, and my computer was being hacked, and I went to a computer guy who told me it had to be from THAT. My bloodwork is abnormal from this time and I have witnesses to actual bodily tissue, clumps of it, coming out in the toilet without other explanation, when it was not near my period and I wasn't pregnant. I told ER to do an MRI and they refused, just as they refused when I asked for a simple X-ray to prove I had a broken tailbone. I had to go to Seattle to get the X-ray and it PROVED I DID have a broken tailbone which was unstable (still is) and had to have been caused during childbirth, a traumatic childbirth they said, which ER and WMMC wrote off as "normal". I also had the doctors in this town writing I did NOT have migraine headaches, but just "tension" headaches or somatic headaches. They wrote this up, without evidence, and against my testimony, and FAXED this to every clinic in town, claiming I just wanted drugs. Then I gave them my records from Oregon, which included 2 recent neurology reports from neurologists who confirmed a diagnosis of very severe migraine. After I gave this to ER, what did they do? They ignored it, and still continued to write down my headaches as "tension". These are the same doctors who wouldn't verify or do testing to confirm I was having actual severe pain when I went to ER before leaving for Canada. They're idiots and HAVE politcal motivation to cover their own mistakes and assumptions, and now, unfortunately, CPS is working to do the same.

Instead of trying to justify what you've done to me and my son, and attempting to make this difficult for me, I would think your organization would do it's best to right the wrongs, and faciliate a reunion with my son. Instead, you disrespect me on even the basic things, which, if you don't believe I'm disabled, is harassment, and if you DO believe I'm disabled, is discriminatory.

Please do what is in your best interest and in your organization's best interest, and in my son's best interest.

You do know that I am a writer. I have recently met with people from the last CPS scandal about the witch hunt for child sex abuse. I am going to be speaking with them in person and getting testimonies about how this affected their lives and I'll be speaking with their children too. I am planning to write a book about how this great error and suspicion affected the lives of the children, which your organizition is supposedly obligated to protect.

If I were CPS, I would think of the Oliver Garrett/Cameo Garrett case, not only as another lesson to learn from, but the door that was opened to further investigation of the effects of their mistakes in past cases. I don't think those in your organization are aware of how misreporting and exaggerating things and mistakes can affect families, permanently.

You are free to share this email with others.
________________________________
> Subject: RE: My Son and Travel Arrangements
> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 21:12:22 -0800
> From: SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
> To: cameocares@live.com
>
> Cameo -
>
> For your visit this Tuesday there should be a bus ticket waiting for you on Monday. I'm not ignoring your request to take the train, I just have already had the bus set up and I do not know if we can pay for a train ticket. Any form of transportation is going to present a risk.
>
> As far as the hotel, I've heard that we are attempting to set up an appropriate account with the Holiday Inn. I do not know if that account will be set up by Monday. If it is set up when I get in on Monday, I will make a reservation for you there. If not, you will be at the Red Lion. They have never mentioned to me that you cannot stay there without a credit card. I'll ask them about it and if you cannot stay there again, I will check with the Holiday Lodge.
>
> It is my understanding that with most major hotels, you have to have a credit card to check in. I would suggest getting a check card through a checking account at your bank. They work like credit cards, but don't function like them.
>
> Once again, if you are not satisfied with the accomodations that we are able to arrange for you then you are free to make your own arrangements.
>
> Marie Scanlon
> Social Worker
>
> ________________________________
> From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
> Sent: Fri 3/7/2008 9:18 AM
> To: Scanlon, Marie (DSHS/CA)
> Subject: My Son and Travel Arrangements
>
>
>
>
> Marie,
>
> Will you please make sure I have reservations at maybe the Holiday Inn or the Coast Inn (coast inn has shuttle too and internet) for next week? I told Shirley Tuesday next week would be fine and I think she's also observed 4 hours in that tiny room is too long for him.
>
> I would really appreciate someone giving us more freedom in a larger space (playground or aunt''s house) or scheduling 2 days back to back so it's not a big chunk, but in that case, at least one day on the weekend or EVENING because I can't miss 2 workdays every week and be self-sufficient and prepared to take my son back with financial independence.
>
> Also, when I went to Red Lion last time, they basically refused to let me take a room, demanding I give them a credit card. I've told you, specifically, that I don't HAVE a credit card or debit card, and have never had a credit card and they were trying to tell me I couldn't even check in. This happened in front of other people and was humiliating.
> They said they'd go ahead, after a half hour of telling me I couldn't stay there, and let me stay this "last" time and then next time I HAD to have a credit card to even get a room. They said they're policies changed or were enforced and that they had notified CPS about it when you made the reservation last.
>
> Will you please fix this? Thanks.
>
> Also, I almost died on the bus on the way to Wenatchee. I would be more comfortable, I think, on an Amtrack train, if it is safer, and it's only about $17 more or less for RT. You can verify with police that there was a collision on Wednesday.
>
> I will do a little research about whether bus or train is safer, but I hope you will consider giving me the safest option when I find out what it is as I was nervous to get on the next bus after this.
>
> Cameo

No comments: