Friday, December 19, 2008

Discovering Sibel Edmonds (July 13, 2006)

Flag this message
Sibel Edmonds Article
Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:37 AM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
letters@vf.com
I would like to be put in touch with the writer of the article about former FBI employee/translator Sibel Edmonds (who reported a coworker and was subsequently blacklisted and threatened).

I made a report of misconduct by two FBI employees (against my person) a little over a year ago. This was investigated by S.S.A.'s sent from separate field offices, through Washington D.C. I was told that the matter would be brought to trial within their organization and that I could never know the outcome. I later discovered this was a lie, as another FBI employee told me I had the right to records through the FOIA. I have been trying to obtain records and receive generic responses from D.C. that state no records are found. There are records.

I would like to speak with someone who may have insight into the FOIA process with the FBI and ways to compel production of documents without filing a lawsuit. I became concerned about what was in the records about me after reading the article about Sibel Edmonds. I reasoned that if this happened to someone who was working for the FBI, how are regular citizens who make complaints treated? If I have been slandered by the FBI in an attempt to excuse the actions of FBI employees, I have a right to know, and it is in my best interest to find this out.

I also wonder if the writer of the article knows of an organization that helps individuals with this sort of "after-the-fact" process.

Additionally, someone recenbtly showed me an article written by "Common Dreams" publications, about a directive from the Bush administration, to the FBI, to refuse to comply with FOIA records requests.

If there is someone who is interested in an angle about FOIA problems today, the FBI, or who is just willing to be helpful to one individual, I would appreciate the time and effort expended to respond to my e-mail.

Thank you,

Loree

ph. 509-662-3871

No comments: