Friday, December 19, 2008

Douglas County Refused To Send Me Copies

I also asked the court, for copies of the last order and motions to be mailed to me and I received no response for this. I asked if they would just attach the stuff to an email and they ignored me. It wasn't a civil procedure question, but an administrative one. It's one any lawyer would email over.

You don't file a motion to request a copy of the last hearing's orders and motions, or for address changes. You send an email and this is common practice with licensed lawyers.

Which is Soooort of funny...I'm told I must adhere to the same strict rules a licensed lawyer has to adhere to, but in return, I am not treated with the same respect. My requests for evidence and discovery are ignored, and I'm told I must file motions for every single thing, including address change notification and requests for mailings.

So, basically, the rules for respecting the defense, don't apply to me, is what they've determined. They've decided I must be treated as a real lawyer, where it is most difficult, in how I file things and in how I FOLLOW THE RULES, but THEY get to ignore the rules and flatly violate them.

No comments: