Friday, December 19, 2008

Hair Whorls Of My Leftie Son (Sept. 30, 2006)

Flag this message
Hair whorls and democrat
Saturday, September 30, 2006 8:38 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
eaglelaw@qwest.net, dick.whittemore@bullivant.com, dslader@spiritone.com
I discovered two things this week:
1. Lefthandedness is associated with a counterclockwise hair whorl. 90% of the population is right handed and 90% of those who are, have clockwise whorls. Of those with counterclockwise whorls, about 8% (there are also dual counter/clock-wise whorls), 50% of the 8% are lefthanded. It's in the genes, and associated with brain and skin development in early stages. Found this info in science/genetics pages. Then I checked Oliver's whorl after having noted his lefthanded preference and he has a counterclockwise whorl!!!! Interesting.

2. I think I'm a converted Democrat. All my life I registered as Republican, even if I thought of myself as independant. My whole family is strong Republican. But I am Democrat, yet I don't believe in abortion. So there's a conundrum. I'm not a compassionate conservative I'm a ...Well, hard-hearted liberal doesn't fit bc my beliefs about abortion center around the rights of the unborn, so I don't think that's uncompassionate.

Also, in the ultrasound photo of Oliver at 18 weeks, he is captured having finished sucking his thumb (left hand).

No comments: