Friday, December 19, 2008

Oliver's Development at 4 months (Sept. 27, 2006)

Oliver update
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:44 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
eaglelaw@qwest.net, dick.whittemore@bullivant.com, dslader@spiritone.com
I have a lawyer. But I'm not taking it for granted bc I know how things can go...However, by now, I am conditioned to be the best client ever. And, hopefully, my attorney will be rewarded for his efforts. I am not licensed, but I know how to look at things from another angle and this one doesn't have many pitfalls. It's clear-cut and there is a lot of documentation and I have proven damages. If I were a lawyer, I'd want it. Even with all my past legal history, even THEN, someone only has to say, "It doesn't matter. This really happened, and here is the evidence". It's not an intangible values and principles civil claim...it's meat and potatoes. And I am super honest and still will be. I don't make up stuff or exaggerate. The last two days I was crying and Oliver has never seen me like that. He got scared and sympathetic. It was sooo sad. I was thinking of going to formula because he's still eating 5 times at night, and I'm tired, and wanted to take Valium, but then my supply took a sudden dive because of the stress (I actually totally forgot to eat 2 days ago and couldn't sleep at night, at all) and now I want it back bc I know it's the best for him. So I went to ER for Reglan to try to get it back.

Oliver may be a "leftie". Kids are ambidextrous at this age, usually, but he only sucks his left thumb (loves that thumb and can comfort himself) and when he reaches for toys it's with his left hand. As a mother you love your kid and think they're cute no matter what, but when he was super young, objectively, I thought he may turn out just so-so on the attractive scale. He was jaundiced, piqued, and I don't know, but now he's, if I may say so, drop dead gorgeous. He's cuter now than he was in the 3 month old black and white photo of him with the mirror. I mean, really pretty. People guess he's Italian, Greek, and Hispanic. People ask all of those things. He's getting Italian and Greek lately for some reason. He's still super friendly and happy. He definitely has a temper and knows how to manipulate mama. He can sit unassisted now (holding himself upright with his hands on the floor) and has three teeth, two are bottom teeth. If I sing a song he likes, he kicks and waves his arms, which reminds me of how he would respond to music in the womb...actively not contemplatively. He sort of tries to sing along. He's 4 mo. 1 week and weighs about 17 1/2 lbs and is about 27 1/2 inches tall. It is super hard being a single mom, especially with everything Ihave going on, but I really lucked out with him. We lucked out with eachother really. Let's just hope he's not a neat-freak when he's older, because that would be my biggest fear.

No comments: