Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ignorance & Salvation From Boredom

I am going to write about stupidity and ignorance. The inability to think in a logical fashion and to problem-solve.

This last comment sounds like something my mother would write. And I tell you what, if intelligence IS inherited through the mother, I don't know if I'm related. I don't know what happened, but is all of the ignorance to be chalked up to the "feelers" who are not "thinkers"?

God curse the feeling women of the earth, if that is the case. I want to work with men and butch scientists and computer nerds. I have to correct myself though, because I've met just as many stupid men, who can't admit when they're wrong because of their ego-impairments--you know the ones, the ones you think know more than you, that you listen to because they're so convinced themselves, and then you realize, "what the hell is this fucker saying? it doesn't fucking make any sense."

I remember Robin Bechtold, telling me how his girlfriend thought he was a narcissist. She was a psych major. Then I remember hearing him talk about his supervisor at a major law firm, a woman who had seniority over him but who was thick as a plank and thought her degree and position indicated she had more, and better, brain cells than everyone else.

I've also talked to lawyers, in Oregon, who know how the game is played. How judges will favor corporate lawyers over private small-firm lawyers because corporations are worth more votes, have more influence, and provide a better incentive for a judge to rule in their favor.

I've heard plenty of very, very, smart lawyers talk about "idiots on the bench" who have a position because usually the smarter ones don't feel a need to prove themselves with a judicial position. But then the idiots get elected. I have heard some of the federal judges are "a little smarter". From what I hear, you have to go to FEDERAL court to try to find a halfway decent judge, and then even that's not a guarantee.

It is not narcissism, to realize and know, you are standing alone, as a solitary source of brainpower while the idiots are all around you, trying to knock you down with sheer brutal physical force and strength in numbers.

Why do I have so many enemies and even have propaganda written about me, unless they DO view me as a threat?

The brain of one woman has challenged the brains and drained the resources of a hundred.

I think I would be proud to be called a narcissist, if it means you know you ARE better and think better than most of the idiots and cowards out there--if it means they had to work THIS hard and are STILL trying to put me down.

What this says, is that I am a force to be reckoned with.

Note to idiots: thanks for the backhanded compliment.

Those of us who stand alone and fight with our brains, and who use reason and analysis to prove and uncover the truth, we thank you for giving us something to do. We would be bored out of our minds without you--you are the material we use for comedy scripts, the characters we use for our novels, and the fodder we gnaw on for our own amusement. You PISS US OFF and spur us on to action; you turn logic on its head and then we are required to right it; you beefcake with groupthink and we have to find ways to separate ourselves; you make us laugh out loud with sheer incredulity and, really...

The world would be a very dull place without you. And you must admit, you would be bored out of your minds too, if you didn't have us to chase after.

I like the dunce cap. It suits you well, and while I sometimes try desperately to help you to understand, at other times, I have to throw up my hands and say, "children will be children".

Boredom kills. You could have killed me and tortured me by leaving me alone, but really, this has been much more fun. I have something to write about besides.

For those who haven't yet found the strength to tough it out, keep your head up. The song by tupac comes to mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlQcJAjYxaI
When you have a chance, watch Katt Williams' skit about the tigers in the zoo.

We may be few and we may be a minority in every fucking sense of the word, but we are not alone.

No comments: