Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lawyer Wants To File Response (March 12, 2008)

This lawyer knew I wanted change of venue for reasons of prejudice and because the trip was hard on my body and physical problems. He knew that if he filed my response, I couldn't easily ask for change of venue. So he tells me he's filing this and then next thing, he tells me I should go pro se. LAST MINUTE:

RE: Upcoming hearing‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Wed 3/12/08 3:56 PM
To: beatylaw@aol.com
okay, thank you SO much. and thank you for the compliment. I tried to write down everything that came to mind and did add a little, but thought it would be helpful for background info.

the AG tried to get some info out of me after he spoke to you and I told him I didn't feel it would be wise for me to respond further as we were planning to hire you (if you accepted of course).

as for CPS, I get really, really, confused bc today I talked to Marie and she asked me LOTS of questions, especially about what my pain level was now, and what I thought was happening to my body, and she wanted to know if I had ever experienced these "pangs" before or it only happened at the orchard location; and she said they feel I should have more visitation but they're main concern was Oliver's safety. I asked her what she meant by that, if she thought I would hurt him or myself and she said no but didn't explain. Then she said they wanted to make sure I was "okay" through a professional (their) mental health evaluation. She was pleasant and seemed to be working with me, but they've really, really, been jerking me around. I don't know if it really is because of CPS formality and now they're just being nice because you've come up, or what.

She said her goal was to move forward and not back and to put me with Oliver and that she believed I should be with my son, but what has me on guard was the way the CPS investigator wrote up this whole allegation thing. It was so crazy and suspicious and even contradicted their earlier reports, I don't know it's "good faith" so to speak.

I wish I hadn't answerred Marie's questions, but I was pleasant. I said I DID think it was something other than mental illness and I told her my pain level now was about ONE on a scale from 1-10, but she seemed happy that I said I had been ill before, not just at the orchard. I tried to clarify the extreme and bizarre pains were only happening for about 4 months until we left, but I told her I had been very ill before that at a couple different times. She seemed sort of happy about that, as if maybe then I couldn't claim it was something in the environment at the orchard site (pesticides, etc) but I didn't clarify for her that while I've been ill in the past or "run down", it was nothing compared to what was going on at the orchard, when I literally was almost passing out, and having to defecate after these "jolts" or whatever, and in so much extreme pain that I thought I was going to die, and the twitching began while we were moving from the last address to the new orchard address. I sort of think maybe CPS doesn't want someone to excuse what was happening to me as being "environmental" or from pesticides or something. I told her that things were melting which were plugged into one side of the house and yesterday someone said maybe there was a short so that might explain it, but they don't know for sure yet (my computer, space heater, and christmas lights melted). But Marie said, "So you're willing to accept the most rational explanation?" and I said, "Well, if there was a short I'm not determined to say it was from "aliens" or whatever, not that I've ever thought about aliens".

I hope she wasn't asking questions for the AG. I think that if she's saying they are concerned about Oliver being "safe" they are going to fight to keep him with my aunt. I think they're going to try to say it couldn't be environmental, even though they haven't heard the description of differences between the level of pain and odd symptoms I and my son had at the orchard compared to elsewhere. I think they want to claim I had a psychotic break or something.

> To: cameocares@live.com
> Subject: Upcoming hearing
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:15:34 -0400
> From: beatylaw@aol.com
>
> Cameo,
> Your mother has paid me $1,000 to help you with this upcoming hearing.
> If that is alright with you, I will proceed to prepare your formal
> written answer to the petition and your reply declaration. I will
> need you to sign the papers this week; by Thursday if possible. I can
> make arrangements to appear at the hearing telephonically. You may be
> present in the court room if you wish. Once you are are represented
> by an attorney, the AG cannot talk to you; he has to talk with me.
> Please stop contacting him. You can of course talk with CPS about
> arranging visits. We have to be careful not to let them have access to
> our emails and other communications. That means everything. Call me
> when you can. You did a nice job writing your answer.
> Bob

No comments: