Thursday, December 25, 2008

Paul Glassen on Activism & Wenatchee (March 23, 2008)

FW: protective order‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Sun 3/23/08 9:57 AM
To: scnl300@dshs.wa.gov (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov); tomasc@atg.wa.gov (tomasc@atg.wa.gov)



Below is an excerpt of an email with Paul. I followed his instructions, and have asked you to work with me. You have seemed more determined, however, to "try" this case. Am I right? I haven't seen any kind of letter or email from ANYONE, that asks me questions and explains the current concerns and what I could do to remove those concerns.

As for Paul's comments about Caballero, he wrote he remembers him as quite a nice young man, "smart and well-educated".

So, Mr. Caballero, what can I do to remove your and CPS's concerns? What ARE your current concerns? Marie told me she was concerned about my son's "safety". In what way? What is/are the safety concern(s)? What do you dissaprove of and how can I make you happy?

Cameo

________________________________
> From:> To: cameocares@live.com
> Subject: RE:protective order
> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:31:17 -0700
>
> Cam,
>
> No, of course you should not change who you are including being a political voice. I have been a "political voice" since I was in high school in the 1950's and stood up against the racial discrimination of segregated schools. During Vietnam I was a conscientious objector and performed two years 'alternative civilian service' in lieu of the military - even though I came from a military family. My father was an army colonel and my older brother a West Point graduate serving in Vietnam. What I am saying is that you will pay a price for taking unpopular political stands. And, when you are a parent, you must protect your child against paying that price. That, after all, is why I took my child out of the jurisdiction of Wenatchee.
>
>>
>
>
>
> If you have not seen the evidence on which the order was granted you need to. It will be in the CPS petition to the court for the order. (Both you and your lawyer should have all these documents. If you are unclear about what is what, ask your lawyer to clarify it for you.) Once there is an order, it is too late to dispute the evidence. But it is vitally important to know what the court was seeing when they granted the order. For you, knowing that is the basis for building your plan to get your child returned. Only by knowing what they (CPS and the court) thought was wrong can you address those concerns.
>
> At this point it is time to say, ok, I understand you (CPS and the court) felt my child was at risk of harm or neglect in my care. I don't happen to agree, but now you have come to that conclusion I am prepared to do whatever it takes to show you there is no more reason for concern. (Which is also the best way to shake their confidence, or the court's, that there ever was any reason for concern.)
>
> CPS should be providing you with a very specific plan or "service recommendations" to resolve the concerns that were the basis of the order. You want to get that plan and follow it 110%. Literally 110% by doing more than what it calls for. That way you show initiative. You strike me as a creative and proactive person, Cam. So do things that will impress the court with your determination to show that whether or not there ever was any concern for your child's welfare, there certainly isn't reason for it any longer.
>
> Paul

No comments: