Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Secretary of State

I was pleasantly surprised to see Caroline Kennedy is running for this position. I have a good feeling about her, and think she is stepping up because she is sincerely interested in civil change. Which is also brave, after everything that's happened with her family. She's Catholic, but like I've said, I am not prejudiced against people in general...it's certain members who have gone after me, not the other way around.

I like Hillary's approach with women's rights, but I wonder how she would be received when she's made so many emotional and offensive comments off-the-cuff. I think she's very good domestically.

I don't think Caroline should get it because of name recognition. I think others in the wings should be brought out into light so we can have a fair look at them all. Kennedy generates automatic public interest, which isn't fair if you're going by merit. But I like her more subdued personality. She doesn't seem like someone motivated by position and I think it's more that she's stepping up.

I also don't like the fact Bill Clinton already has a conflict of interest thing going with his receipt of donations from certain countries. He and Hillary are a team, and I think this sort of conflicts.

May the best man or woman win, and have the ability to hear the voices of those in other countries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, you don't "run" for Secretary of State. Second, Caroline Kennedy is running for a Senate seat from New York, not Secretary of State, and is not being opposed by the Clintons.

Mama said...

My mistake. Thanks LSAT smartie.