Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Seizures: Low Potassium, Glucose, and Alkaline Phosphate

I will reserve this spot for later inclusion of information about the symptoms which can occur with abnormally low levels of potassium, glucose, and alkaline phosphate.

Saved for later. My next post is for the seizure article.

You can read about the effects of low glucose in even a wiki article. Low glucose can directly lead to seizures and for those predisposed to seizure, glucose management is critical.

I'll find the rest of the stuff on what low potassium and alkaline phosphate can do as well.

I had, on one CBC (only 2 were done during the time I was having "seizures"), abnormally low potassium which had to be treated with potassium IV. It was good I went to ER, I was told, because I was at dangerous levels and it had to be restored. It's possible I got the low potassium because of all the diarrhea I described, which happened.

I had another CBC, which was sometime before or during the tmie I started having seizures, that showed abnormally low levels of both glucose and alkaline phosphate on the lab, but the doctor told me it was normal and I had to get a copy for myself to find out.

No comments: