Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Starting My Own Business Today, In Little Mexico

Este es excellente. Soy en Mexico poquito, aqui. Muchas personas hablan espanol y este dia, yo tengo communicationes con muchas hombres hispanicos, quien necessitas mi assistance y tengo promiso por dinero in futuro.

Well, I just said, this is excellent, I'm in little Mexico here. Many people speak spanish and today I communicated with many hispanic men, who need my assitance and have promised me money in the future.

(I didn't really know how to say what I wanted to say, in Spanish).

I am at this crazy little hideaway with all kinds of hidden businesses and they're all Spanish and it's like going into a Mexican alley and finding a hidden farmers market. I'm at a little independent computer store right now, and the guys are all okay with me using their stuff. They're all hispanic and in the background, from another store, there is Mexican or hispanic music playing.

This morning, I ventured forth in a new business I created for myself. I've done this before. When I was in high school, I organized large yard sales and rummage sales with flyers, and I also got myself my own nanny positions. Later, I bought my own house as investment and sold it for profit, and then I did fairly well doing my own legal briefs for two separate lawsuits, against major corporations, while I was in college FT. I also started a PT job for myself as well, with advertising, buying, and reselling books on Amazon.com and I kept all my customer comments. I did my own shipping as well and the people at the post office knew me.

So, it's nothing new for me to be brainstorming new ideas for starting a business for myself. In the past, I read several NOLO books and other books about non-profits, because I have always thought I would one day start one, or many non-profits, mainly to support lawsuits filed by pro se or independent lawyers who are willing to help the poor, change the system, and take a risk.

I think the first thing to do, when starting any business, is to look at what your assets are, first of all and then examine what the available resources are. If you can put those resources to work for you, and make profit, you're on the right track. For me, I like knowing I'm helping people as well, so I got on the right track today and made first steps towards organizing my ideas.

I met a ton of hispanic men who were enthused about my ideas, and I got a thrill from it. It was a gang, all of us. They liked my idea, and I liked their approach as well, and my name and number was given out. We are all in business together and my plan is to eventually develop a non-profit where I can give myself a salary, but the goal is to provide better things for others. I don't want to go into much detail, but so far, I'm on the right track.

I am an entrepreneur once again. I wonder if all entrepreneurs are considered to be narcissists. Ha!

Anyway, I've got my strategy for now. I am always adaptable to change.

No comments: