Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Obama's Information Highway Plan

I like Obama's idea to get jobs going in the internet field. I think it's important and a foresight into the future. I also think people like the Gates will be willing to help achieve goals of making sure no one is left behind, in the computer education arena, by making sure everyone, no matter how poor, has their own computer or access to one at any time. There is too much information out there for people to miss out on.

I've also noticed more medical journal articles opening up and I like this as well. I think it's a great service to the public, and to doctors, to allow people to have access to even complicated medical newsletters and journals, because it helps everyone figure out a way past a problem. I don't like the fact so many charge to be able to view scientific journals, but hopefully more will open up the information to the public.

Finally, I suppose there is a need for construction jobs, but I just think "does it have to be roads?" The subways are crowded and more people are choosing public transit. Aren't there jobs that could be given by building up these forms of transportation?

No comments: