Friday, December 19, 2008

Suspecting Oliver Is Gifted (Sept. 6, 2006)

Flag this message
Gifted Baby
Wednesday, September 6, 2006 3:10 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
eaglelaw@qwest.net, dslader@spiritone.com, dick.whittemore@bullivant.com
I think Oliver may be gifted. Who knows, but he's more advanced than any of the other babies his age I've seen and the mothers are commenting. Everyone notices, again, how alert and focused he is. Today he walked, self-directed by himself, from the livingroom to the kitchen and around corners, just holding himself by holding my hands. He is one week away from 4 months. I'm not trying to create a superbaby, and I've read about more advanced things than what he demonstrates...I don't do flashcards or baby Einstein, but I devote myself to him and I think part of it may be that I am always there to encourage him, but part of it is that he is, all by himself, advanced naturally. He is trying to talk. Not only does he babble, and do the "ah-goo" and ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma stuff, he looks straight into my eyes and talks wiht intonation. And he uses his own form of sign language for things. And he understands what I'm talking about. If I ask him if he wants to go for a walk, he lights up, and he knows the difference between going out for a walk in the stroller, and going for a ride in the car. He loves movement. I swear, the only reason boys may later prefer trucks to dolls is because trucks move. Put a doll on wheels and there would be no difference. He has found his thumb and loves touching my face. He suprised some women today when he reached over for a toy, and picked it up with his forefinger and thumb and then moved it from one hand to the other. Suddenly, I had mothers who wanted their kids to go on playdates with my son. Like he's going to rub off or something, like some kind of genie. Anyway, it's good for him, bc he loves people. And this is all the truth, and it is a shame that the Archdiocese/Abbey and their lawyers have done and continue to do things that are damaging to me and affect my ability to be a good parent. I was very stressed out when I read the Order from Judge Perris telling me to respond to the Archdiocese, after I fought for medical abatement, and Oliver was the recipient of the results, and saw me cry. It won't get better or be any different if it is "all over". I will still be dealing with what has happened, and it will be worse, because I will have gotten nowhere and been revictimized repeatedly and then told to "get over it" after they get away with everything.

No comments: