Monday, December 15, 2008

TTSOML # ?: Disability Records Disappeared From College Campus Office

I just read the below, and it made me wonder, if a magnetic pulse can "treat migraine", perhaps it could also do the reverse and trigger them? I wonder, because after the Abbey problems and car vandalisms first began, I suffered, in one month (which has not been repeated since, fortunately) FIFTEEN migraines. In ONE month. I went to the college disability office and then after I told Christa about it and how I went in, the papers and my application disappeared. Which I thought was odd, and I was going to get accomodations in classwork for all the migraines. I remember Christa was in shock that I completed the term. I finished that term, despite EVERYTHING and all the odds stacked against me. But my disability information disappeared from the PCC-Sylvania campus, which contained my report of all the migraines. This was in 1998 I believe, or possibly late 1997. I'm quite sure it was 1998.

After that, I still had months, where I would have over 3 or 4 of them, AND when I had the 15 migraines in a month, I was also having twitching, or "benign fasciculations" which I told the neurologist about, and it attributed it to "stress". I believe there could have been another cause though, because I later witnessed all of this happening to MY SON, and there is no reason why he and I would have benign fasciculations at the SAME TIME, but we were, and his speech turned to gibberish and I know we were both in pain. Anyway, the invention which made me think of this, is below.


Accepting his 2005 TED Prize, inventor Robert Fischell makes three wishes: redesigning a portable migraine treatment, finding new cures for clinical depression, and reforming the medical malpractice system. He also shares three new inventions that could improve the lives of millions: His Angel Med Guardian System, a pacemaker-sized device wired into the heart, detects an elevation in the electric signal of the heart, the first sign of a heart attack. His transcranial magnetic stimulator treats migraines with a magnetic pulse. Finally, the Neuropace prevents epileptic seizures by transmitting electric signals in the brain.

No comments: