Wednesday, December 24, 2008

1st Request to State for Discovery (Feb. 25, 2008)

E: Request to Modify Visitation‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Tue 2/26/08 10:54 AM
To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG) (tomasc@atg.wa.gov)


I have done everything in my power to try to see my son ASAP and it is Marie who has not contacted me on time, given me no notice about buses and expects me to be on one when I live in the middle of nowhere with NO bus route and is 30 minutes from Bellingham, and she doesn't return my calls, lies to me, and still, has not answered my requests of early yesterday afternoon to schedule immediate other arrangements so I can see my son. I told her I didn't think I could catch a bus that last minute and asked her to hold off until I knew for sure and then work with me to schedule something else right away. She didn't do that.

I can't "work" with Marie, when she's late in everything and doesn't seem to care enough about the best interests of my son. She has made this about my missing a bus, but she gave me NO notice and I had ZERO chance of catching one that way. If she had answered my email yesterday, I could have caught a ride into town this morning and taken a bus at 8:30 a.m. to be in Wenatchee by 12:45 p.m...

She has still not returned my calls or emails, and this was after she said she'd be at her desk for at least an hour to wait for me to get back to her as to whether I could catch that bus at 1 p.m.

Now, there is further delay, and it is not because of me.

My son has suffered enough.

________________________________
> Subject: Re: Request to Modify Visitation
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:00:34 -0800
> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
> To: cameocares@live.com
>
>
> Ms. Garrett your lawyer would also get redacted information. It is important that you secure an attorney immediately with experience in dependency matters as your knowledge of dependency law is unfortunately lacking. I have spoken with Ms. Scanlon and she is trying very hard to discharge her proffesional duties toward you. I would suggest that you consider an attitude of trust and cooperation and that you focus on Oliver at this time. The next hearing is a contested shelter care and I won't be in a position to agree to any further continuances. The next hearing is also for an initial fact finding, which is to determine if proper notice has been given and to set a trial date. Regards Tomas Caballero
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: cam huegenot
> To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG)
> Sent: Tue Feb 26 00:09:41 2008
> Subject: RE: Request to Modify Visitation
>
>
> Anything "confidential" would be shared with my lawyer, and I am my own lawyer at present and request nothing be redacted. It is not "discovery" when it is concealed and I have a right to know who my accusers and the "witnesses" are. Go ahead and file restraining orders if you think there's a concern, but I still have the right to know. Please let Marie know this, as I'm only sending this one to you. You're the lawyer. Right?
>
> ________________________________
>> Subject: Re: Request to Modify Visitation
>> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:55:11 -0800
>> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
>> To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
>>
>>
>> Ms. Garrett please understand that the Department and Ms. Scanlon will need to redact any confidential information if that has not yet been done prior to providing you the requested information. Regards To$as Caballero
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: cam huegenot
>> To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG)
>> Sent: Mon Feb 25 16:46:20 2008
>> Subject: RE: Request to Modify Visitation
>>
>> Thank you so much!
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> Subject: Re: Request to Modify Visitation
>> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:39:43 -0800
>> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
>> To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
>>
>>
>> Ms. Garrett I have asked Ms. Scanlon to send you discovery. This is taken care of by the DCFS office.
>>
>> With Kind Regards, Tomas Caballero
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: cam huegenot
>> To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG)
>> Sent: Mon Feb 25 14:34:41 2008
>> Subject: RE: Request to Modify Visitation
>>
>> Mr. Caballero,
>>
>> I need any and all discovery regarding this case to be faxed to me today. The fax number is 360-371-0531 and someone needs to call first because it's the same line as the phone line.
>>
>> This case is a dependency case for Oliver Garrett and I am his mother, Cameo Garrett. I am currently pro se and have a right to any and all materials regarding this case and I represent myself until hiring an attorney.
>>
>> I want all discovery from your offices and CPS offices without delay.
>>
>> I am also forwarding to you my requests to Marie and how CPS has lied to me again and continues to interfere with my visitation of my son and my attempts to secure private legal counsel or have an ability to do so.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Cameo
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> Subject: Re: Request to Modify Visitation
>> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 06:32:34 -0800
>> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
>> To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov; stee300@dshs.wa.gov
>>
>>
>> Ms. Huegenot, please address your concerns to the court. My ethical duty is to represent the Department and I rely on their expertise and judgment on issues pertaining to social work. Although I will try as best as I can to respond to your requests, please understand that I am bound by ethical rules to represent the Department0and that I cannot give you legal advice.
>>
>> If you are having difficulties obtaining legal representation, please contact my office during office hours and either I or my assistant Mindy McFann can assist you in obtaining representation at public expense.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tomas Caballero
>> Assistant Attorney General
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: cam huegenot
>> To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG); Scanlon, Marie; Sterbick, Liza
>> Sent: Fri Feb 22 14:39:40 2008
>> Subject: Request to Modify Visitation
>>
>> Mr. Cabierro,
>>
>> Also, I wish to add--Marie Scanlon told me I could only have visitation with my son in a small sterile room at the CPS building. I was told by a supervisor for Wenatchee CPS that this isn't necessarily true, that visitation can be arranged to be held at a park or my aunt's house, etc. Marie's excuse for only allowing work-hour vistitaion was that the CPS offices are only open during business hours, but since I've learned visitation may be held elsewhere, I am asking for visitation at my aunt's house, with a CPS or SCAN worker present.
>>
>> This is in the best interest of my son. My son would be confused by having not seen me for 2 weeks and then only seeing me in a strange room, to only have me disappear again. It would be an easier transition for him to see me while he is still at my aunt's house so he's not moved around and might have an idea that I know he's there and will visit again. I believe this would be more stabilizing than the alternative. Additionally, I know my aunt has expressed concern to Marie that my son is having severe temper tantrums and Marie agreed children react this way when taken from their primary caregivers and home, due to insecurity. This is evidence of distress and trauma. My son is reacting to decisions made on his life, by the state, and he has not seen his mother, whom he has a very strong bond with, for weeks. I am concerned as well that when I tried calling Marie and left messages for visitation, my call was not returned within the mandated 24 hours but 3 days later, and that then I was told I could not see my son for another 5 days, until next week on Tuesday.
>>
>> There was no consultation with my schedule or availability. At this point, it does not seem, by all outward appearances, that CPS has my son's best interests at heart.
>>
>> I am writing to you to clarify why I am now requesting a stipulated agreement to modify the restraining order (which may be modified more than once) to allow for the best possible situation for my son. At this point, my son needs comforting, and CPS is telling him he needs to wait another week, and trying to force me to quit my job and move to Wenatchee when I'm established here and they know I plan on asking for change of venue. I have no problem making the trip to see my son but someone needs to think about my son here, and not the politics. Bellingham CPS is more than willing, and happy, in fact, to take over as they are in a better position to offer services and know what the services are in this area.
>>
>> Cameo Garrett

No comments: