Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2nd Request to State for Discovery (Feb. 26, 2008)

RE: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Tue 2/26/08 12:29 PM
To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG) (tomasc@atg.wa.gov)



Okay, thank you. I think I can show diligence. I've been on the phone a lot and have talked to several lawyers and with my family about securing one. I'm mainly told my case is complicated by the lawyers who turn me down. So I'm now looking for lawyers who have more experience under their belt,who may be able to handle "complications". Thanks for understanding.
----------------------------------------
> Subject: RE: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:40:18 -0800
> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
> To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
>
> Ms. Garrett, please let me know when you have retained an attorney in this matter. The sooner the better. The next hearing on March 19, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. is a contested shelter care hearing where the court will consider evidence whether or not to keep your child in out of home placement as requested by the Department. Unless you can show diligence in obtaining an attorney to represent you, I will not be in a position to agree to a further continuance of the contested hearing. I would also suggest that you make arrangements to be in court on March 19th hopefully with an attorney. Regards, Tomas Caballero, Assistant Attorney General.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:35 AM
> To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG); Scanlon, Marie
> Subject: Need Discovery and Visitation; Conditions
>
>
>
> I want to see my son THIS week, back to back, and need someone to call me with PRIOR notice about arrangements. I do not have a car nor do I live on a bus route and would have to make arrangements for someone to take me into Bellingham, and as some people I live with work in Bellingham and go into town in the morning, they could take me then. I still have not had a call from Marie about arrangments. I also have NOT received the discovery promised me and need this ASAP.
>
> It seems Russ thinks CPS is going to win fact finding and dependency and was already talking about how they'll remove the case to Bellingham when I'm ordered to receive services.
>
> I will NOT be ordered to receive any services or participate in anything, until I have private reprentation, period. I will NOT agree to fact finding without private representation and if I have to wait a few months until I can afford to pay for one on my own, that's what I will do.
>
> After I have retained a private attorney, I will agree to an independent mental health evaluation and cooperate if there is an order for one from someone CPS wants to have it through.
>
> I do not believe it is in my son's best interest for his mother to be found guilty of "abusing or neglecting" him when I've never done any such thing and yet am told CPS will win no matter what I say.
>
> If this means, unfortunately, that my son must remain with my aunt until I have enough money to fight it and prove I'm not guilty, that's what will happen.
>
> Cameo

No comments: