Saturday, December 13, 2008

Anti-SLAPP

Anti-SLAPP (strategic lawsuit against public participation) laws can be applied in an attempt to curb alleged abuses of the legal system by individuals or corporations who utilize the courts as a weapon to retaliate against whistle blowers, victims, or to silence another's speech. RICO could be alleged if it can be shown that lawyers and/or their clients conspired and collaborated to concoct fictitious legal complaints solely in retribution and retaliation for themselves having been brought before the courts.
(the above taken from wiki)

LOOK AT THIS!!!!!

I will definitely have to research this claim and the statutes on it. For a number of reasons. It's basically the whistleblowers lawsuit.

If I had known about this, I could have used it against the Abbey and their lawyers. I didn't know about it, but it fits.

I am going to look into it, for other things.

No comments: