Friday, December 19, 2008

Article About Autism (Aug. 17, 2006)

Flag this message
Inflammatory Bowel Disease--MMR Vaccine
Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:04 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
loree_baird@yahoo.com
Cc:
mbutler@cvch.org
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 10 2002

MMR: Dr Maverick sticks to his guns
http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/article/0,,9005-2002067038,00.html
The man behind the autism scare tells Rosie Waterhouse why he still
believes MMR is a threat

To the parents of the autistic children he treats, Dr Andrew Wakefield
is a hero. To the medical establishment, he is an irresponsible maverick.
Wakefield is the man responsible for prompting the nationwide fears about
MMR, the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine. As increasing numbers of
anxious parents refuse to let their children have the triple jab, outbreaks
of measles are spreading, and the government is blaming Wakefield.
He is the focus of the increasingly polarised debate about the NHS's
refusal to provide an alternative to MMR, which Wakefield has linked to
autism and a form of bowel disease in some children. The row has reached
such proportions - embroiling the prime minister's son Leo - that Wakefield
feels "enormous anxiety" about whether his fears about MMR will ultimately
be proved correct or not.

"Sometimes I feel like the person who put an axe into the Rokeby Venus
in the National Gallery," he confessed.

At the age of 45, he has had to walk away from his post at the Royal
Free hospital, in north London, although he insists he will continue to work
on research on the hundreds of children being treated there. Officially, his
work was "no longer in line with the department of medicine's research
strategy".

This summer he will uproot his family - his wife Carmel, who trained
as a physician and now works as an adviser to NHS trusts on medical
negligence and risk, and their four children aged five, seven, 11 and 13 -
to live in Florida. He plans to continue his research work there, based at a
private clinic partly funded by Visceral, a UK charity.

Wakefield, a former surgeon and consultant gastroenterologist, says
the past few years have taken their toll. "I've lost my job, and my standing
in the medical and scientific community is at an all-time low. There's no
way I'm going to work again in this country. Nobody will want to employ me."

He added: "What keeps me going is that I have to be able to face
parents and say we did our best and we did not walk away from this because
it was uncomfortable. And these parents at every stage so far have been
shown to be right and therefore one is enormously reassured that this is the
right course to pursue."

So, what is Wakefield's case against MMR? In Britain and the United
States the number of children diagnosed with autism has risen dramatically
in recent years. Some of the increase is likely to be accounted for by
better awareness and increased diagnosis rather than solely a rise in
incidence. But many parents, and a small but vocal number of researchers,
believe the increase is genuine and that vaccines including MMR are to
blame.

The MMR controversy has surfaced periodically since Wakefield and
colleagues at the Royal Free published research in 1998, the first to
suggest the MMR jab could be a possible cause of autism and a new type of
bowel disease in children.

Wakefield told a press conference launching the study - which then
included only 12 children - that as a parent he could only advocate giving
separate vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella and that the government
should allow parents this choice.

What led him to such an unequivocal position on the basis of
apparently scant evidence? By the time the paper was published, Wakefield
says, they had examined about 60 children in Britain and America all sharing
the same conditions of autism and bowel disease.

Wakefield cites three further factors. First, he had analysed all the
safety data since MMR's introduction and had concluded that tests were
inadequate. Second, he had already published research that he says showed
that measles and mumps vaccines may cause inflammatory bowel disease. This
work had led some parents of autistic children with bowel problems to
consult him. Finally, the research on these children "observed a novel form
of inflammatory bowel disease was occurring in children who had developed
symptoms shortly after the MMR vaccine".

The most recent review of evidence by the Medical Research Council
concluded that epidemiological studies failed to prove or disprove any link
between MMR and autism. But last Monday Wakefield and colleagues published
their latest research.

It revealed the presence of the measles virus in the gut of 75 of 91
autistic children with the variant form of bowel disease. Measles was found
in the gut of only 5 out of 70 healthy children tested.

The researchers conceded that these results were not proof of a causal
link between MMR, autism and bowel disease. But they concluded: "These data
confirm an association between the presence of measles virus and gut
pathology in children with developmental disorder."

Wakefield believes the findings are "consistent with the hypothesis
that MMR is a contributory cause of autism and bowel disease in some
children".

When MMR was introduced in 1988, doctors were told officially that
parents who rejected it should be allowed single vaccines for their
children. Labour reversed this advice after coming to power in 1997,
decreeing that the single vaccines should not be used by the NHS. It
insisted that MMR was the best protection against measles, a potential
killer.

Wakefield describes the government's handling of the whole issue, and
the Blairs' refusal to say whether or not their baby has had MMR, as a
"complete shambles".

At prime minister's questions in the Commons last week Tony Blair,
while still refusing to state whether or not Leo had had the jab, insisted
the vaccine was safe.

Next day a rattled Sir Liam Donaldson, the chief medical officer,
suggested that he and other vaccine advisers at the Department of Health
would have to resign if ministers caved in and made the single vaccines
available on the NHS for those parents who wanted them. This would be like
playing Russian roulette with children's lives, he said.

Wakefield claims the vaccine advisers are blinkered. "I think the
problem comes because the politicians are driven by the mandarins at the
Department of Health who have an almost evangelical belief in the rightness
of their course of action. And the danger with that is that, because it's a
complex issue, the politicians rely very much on the information they get
and decisions are taken according to that information. The problem is that
it is not objective."



Meryl W. Dorey,

President

The Australian Vaccination Network, Inc.

PO Box 177 02 6687 1699 Phone

Bangalow NSW 2479 02 6687 2032 FAX

meryl@avn.org.au http://www.avn.org.au

"All truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then it is
violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." (Schopenhauer)
advice. The decision to vaccinate and how you implement that decision is
yours and yours alone.
To unsubscribe or change your subscription options, go to the eGroups website
at: http://www.egroups.com/

4 comments:

quicksilver said...

Hi

Dont let's forget the non-vocal as well.

Looking at a case from USA where the child was given vaccines at age 1 day, 2 months and 4 months. After each vaccine or set of vaccines there were huge problems and complaints from the parents.

At 4 months the child suddenly died.

His dad is currently in prison for the murder.

Vaccine science with some help from SBS experts was all that was needed to get the dad to "confess".

Just keep shooting people up and arrive at death in the first year for USA babies at 7 per thousand compared to 2 per thousand for equivalent countries not vaccinating so early.

But doctors and SBS have the answer and they made it all themself: It's called BULLSHIT.

Mama said...

quicksilver,

THANK YOU!

I didn't think about that. Because it seems like my son doesn't have true autism (he's social, etc) but he does have serious problems with speech now and repeats things over and over. And I was the one BLAMED for this and I was the only one FIGHTING for my son.

It's so good that I documented what my son's response was. If I'd had reasonable public defense, they would have come up with some of these arguments, but doctors and the state wanted to railroad me quickly so no one had a chance, not even ME, to present alternate theories, or evidence of the truth. They tried to even claim the state did, that my son didn't have a bad reaction to his vaccinations.

I am so glad you wrote in. You know, there are a large number of families who are getting class action lawsuits against the government, and a lot of compensation, for damages that began with vaccinations with thimersol. The government isn't even arguing against it anymore--at least they're not winning.

I'll post your comments and my response in a separate post.

Thanks again and please wish me luck in getting my son back into my full custody and my name cleared.

quicksilver said...

Does MMR contain MERCURY?

It is often said that MMR does NOT contain mercury with the proviso or proof implied by stating that if mercury was added the vaccine would be useless.

Vaccine companies words not mine!

So why do executives at Merck say that mercury was put in MMR?

And looking at Toxicology and Industrial Health article by Risher et al they discuss the Madsen paper on MMR and autism (European study)where Dr Madsen talks of mercury in the MMR and the number of autism cases for her country.

The rates come out at something like ten times less than in the USA who used mercury vaccines at age one DAY for nearly a decade and still do vaccinate at age one DAY. Oh and in Europe they use ten times less of the vaccines as well.

If Merck executives and Dr Madsen story is to be believed it does look like someone is lying and mercury has been in our MMR vaccine and if denied may well still be there?

But looking at other experts who state mercury in MMR makes the vaccine useless; I feel that such expensive studies by The eminent Dr Andrew Wakefield may actually have some substance in fact.

Every schoolboy scientist can tell you mercury is the most toxic non-radioactive element and means for UK agriculture it has been banned for a generation. Pity we don't consider humans to be deserving of better than injecting time after time a poison that has catalytic activity which to the uninitiated means that paths to destruction do not depend on the amount but disaster may take a little longer if the quantities are minute.

Time to come clean on mercury in MMR but as the article says that may mean the current leaders of authority may have to resign.

Well come on then! RESIGN!

Mama said...

I know. Thank you again for your comments. I wish I were a chemist and had the mind for it but I'm stuck with being more of an analytical type. I sure appreciate the contributions of scientists who are in the lab and observe experiments, who see first-hand what is happening.

I really, truly, have a profound respect for scientists. I always have, but more and more. I took science as a minor to my English Lit so I could write and read journalistic and creative articles incorporating science, and the first place I took my girls to, when I was a nanny, which surprised the parents, was OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science & Industry).

Our lives, and quality of life, are/is so dependent upon having the correct information.

I am feeling glad today, to have made some discoveries and put information online, but I'm really feeling depressed. I have missed out on almost a year of my son's life, because he was taken from me on improper grounds, without evidence and then I was deprived of the right to reasonable counsel which could have insisted medical diagnostics be done for me first, before jumping to conclusions.

What's sick, is that no matter WHERE I went, in Washington state, someone would get ahead of me and try to interfere. I didn't get an honest diagnostic until I was in Maryland, and that, at the cost of my unborn baby's life.

I can't believe this father is in prison for murder when vaccinations killed his child. What's even sicker, is that, obviously, he didn't have reasonable counsel either. Do you have the article for this? I'll post it on my blog if you'll send me the link.

Keep up your hard work and wish me luck in getting my son back. What's really sad is that now, after I have even MORE evidence to support me and against the state, instead of apologizing and fixing this, they will dig in harder and do anything in their power to refute the evidence again. I mean, if doctors are going to persist in denying that I have migraines, after I had two different neurologists evaluate me, they'll do whatever it takes.

You know what Wenatchee doctors said, in response to the neurology reports, which had been by 2 different doctors in Oregon, and were recent (within the last 2 years at that time)? They said, "We want you to see OUR neurologist." Of course they did. They wanted their pal to dispute the evidence.

I knew, if I went back to Wenatchee for a psych eval by any Washington psychologist, I would be screwed. They would make something up and do whatever it took to try to claim they were right. And in that state, and in Oregon, there are several groups who would have motive to work together to try to get something on me, because I was reporting serious things that could have led to major lawsuits and liability.

What is even more depressing to me, is that my parents and family, knowing I was an excellent mother, put the state before their own daughter, and even as I was being railroaded, didn't even CARE. They do not WANT me to have my son back and never thought I should have a child to begin with, and yet they lie to me as they do nothing, and say they want my son to be with me.

Do they really? Does my family really want me to be fully reunited with my son? Actions speak louder than words, and their actions prove they've been liars. They don't want me to have my son back. They want to keep my son themselves and then they want ME to get "help" so hopefully they can blame even the accusations I level at THEM and the BAIRDS, on mental illness or head injury. All they want is an excuse for themselves.

My records show I was reaching out to my family, to be more involved with my son and they didn't want anything to do with Oliver. Not until they thought they could take him and keep him and have nothing to do with me.

They want to keep my son so they can raise another mindless person who raises his hands in church and speaks in tongues, and the state took advantage of this, knowing how my family is fanatical, and played it up, to get support for themselves. They probably tried to reassure my family I would be "back to normal" if I were on meds. My own family was making a contract to pay for a private attorney if I went to CHURCH. They made their support all about religion, and it had nothing to do with my ability to be a good parent.

This is why I appreciate those who can reason and use logic to make decisions, rather than feelings, gossip, emotions, and a dumb-sheep mentality of refusing to question anything.

If I'm ever able to get on my feet, in a substantial way, and am able to form a law firm to bring lawsuits against my own government on behalf of the american people, I may need the assistance of countries like france, to provide an underground railroad.

You see what happens to me and other people, and you wonder why the U.S. is totally behind scientifically and why the justice system is in shambles and corruption is out of control. Other countries have problems YES, but THIS one, says: "I am the BEST" and refuses to fix the things that make it not "#1" but the "#1 Hypocrite".

If this country was "the BEST", you wouldn't see people like me, struggling completely alone, to fix very serious mistakes and illegal violations of law.

After all the information I've given out, and after so many appeals which were made by letter, email, and phone, you would think, if this country was "the BEST", there would be an order coming from somewhere, to immediately return my son.

Keep me in your country's thoughts and prayers. I aim to get support from international sources, as so far, it seems the country I am a citizen of, is not big enough to handle it's own problems itself.