Friday, December 19, 2008

Asked for OBGYN referral (Aug. 1, 2006)

From Cameo Garrett
Tuesday, August 1, 2006 12:26 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
mbutler@cvch.org
Dr. Butler,

I was wondering if you could give me a referral to an OBGyn to check things out a little further and make sure i'm okay since the delivery. I can express my concerns in detail later, if you need this. Also, could you put in a referral to an eye doctor? I need a new prescription and the one I have now isn't right and it would be better to be exact for driving. I've started wearing my old ones and they're not working. I can see further, but something isn't right.

Regarding records: I want any extraneous information about me and my lifestyle, etc., to be redacted from the records. Which means, I don't think it's necessary to have info about my sex life, form of bc, etc., in the records (when all I was going in for at the time this info was received was for migraines), and I don't want anything about gun ownership in the records. I may just be a gun owner now, but if I am, it's nobody's business, and I don't like this "big brother" thing, even if it's because of "certain risks" within the Medicare/Medicaid population. I believe it's an invasion of my privacy to ask for or have in the records, anything that is not directly related to what I am seeing a doctor about.

There has been some recent suggestion that I swim or take swim therapy in Chelan or see the doctor in Chelan, etc. I cannot afford the gas to go to Chelan, and I will not be moving there. So I'm here, in Wenatchee, for good for awhile. I would appreciate professionalism from the nurses as long as I'm around, and by the way, it has not been my prerogative to have weekly visits on top of impromtu visits and questions. Lately, I have received evasive answers from a couple of nurses, about your whereabouts and the existence of an e-mail address for you. Today, Maria told me when I said I'd lost it and needed it again, that she "couldn't find it." BS. The cards are right there on the table and if not, she would have "found it" on her computer. Last time I called about narcotics refill, one woman nurse was horrible about it and lied about your whereabouts. Finally, I went into the walk-in recently for more oxycodone and was telling a male nurse why I needed it and what had been going on, and he accused me of drug dealing, including "trading" drugs, which he said was illegal, and "taking more" than I was prescribed. When I complained about the "Do you own a gun?" question he said not everyone was asked this, but only those with "psych" problems, and said that, since I was coming into the clinic for anxiety, I had some "psych issues".

I need more than 18 oxycodone a week and I do not want to come in every freaking week to pick them up. It's unreasonable to have me driving around and making this frequent a trip, without cause.

Thanks for your time, help, and response.

No comments: